cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Primary accounts can not cast to Chromecast devices?

mbze430
Rising Star

So I have BOTH a Quest 2 and Quest 3.  I can Cast to other Chromecast devices with the Quest 2 but not so with the Quest 3.  Why is that?

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | GSkill 32GB DDR4 | MSI RTX 4090 | Gigabyte Aorus X570 ITX | Samsung 980 Pro 2TB PCIe/NVMe
282 REPLIES 282

Sotsukun
Honored Guest

Same here.  Trying to stream Asgard's Wrath to Chromecast so that my partner can watch, but it's not listed any more

I did a factory reset (still on v60) and Chromecast showed up in the list once, and then never again

The web version looks like crap compared to chromecast

EnderFFX
Protege

While this was possible earlier, i believe right now there is no known way to downgrade firmware, right?

If you guys that did a factory reset (i will not do so for mine) really had the .59 FW, couldnt you then disable / block update to .60 FW?

qfw.png
(At least via router firewall)

Router level (if your router has the ability) you need to block the appropriate packets. The easier way on the router level is to create a second VLAN (if your router has the ability to) and then block internet traffic. However, only some games will work (the one that does not require internet connection)

I don’t think you can specifically block the update packet… it might come in with other internet enabled features such as community scores, game stats, etc. meta needs to fix this…. If you can create a secondary account, that’s the interim fix… and share your games across accounts of course…

Well but primary account will loose your game progress. Or is there an easy way to transfer in-game-progress?

Reach out to the dev. I guess I only cast during parties, so I don’t have the same issue as you. Mine is music purchased from the beat saber store.

so I’m sure meta probably put priority to this, but we don’t have a famous influencer to blast them to get them on it immediately. Imagine if we had someone big blasting them… this get done the same day!

If you factory reset, I believe it auto-updates to 60. That's why it's working for them once, but not a second time.

Also, I was doing this on the daily with v59, and had (and still have) auto-updates turned off, and now I'm somehow mysteriously on 60, and I know I certainly didn't update it, sooo...

"An easy way"? No. And the 'not easy way' doesn't always work.

This is 4yrs old, and I can't remember if this is what I used exactly, but here's an old reddit fwiw:
https://www.reddit.com/r/OculusQuest/comments/ej46ar/psa_how_to_backup_restore_save_games_that/

mbze430
Rising Star

I personally have did a factory reset and my firmware is on v60.  As of today, two days after the factory reset, I can still cast to chromecast tvs BUT NOT to Hub Max devices 

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | GSkill 32GB DDR4 | MSI RTX 4090 | Gigabyte Aorus X570 ITX | Samsung 980 Pro 2TB PCIe/NVMe

ZorbaWar
Protege

This is going to ruin the xmas party 😞

Just cast it on a secondary account…. Or through phone 

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?