cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Primary accounts can not cast to Chromecast devices?

mbze430
Rising Star

So I have BOTH a Quest 2 and Quest 3.  I can Cast to other Chromecast devices with the Quest 2 but not so with the Quest 3.  Why is that?

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | GSkill 32GB DDR4 | MSI RTX 4090 | Gigabyte Aorus X570 ITX | Samsung 980 Pro 2TB PCIe/NVMe
282 REPLIES 282

EnderFFX
Protege

That is sooo typical.
This BS Marketing smooth talk.
I am a dev myself.
Why not say:
Sorry guys, we really f*cked up and we now see our mistake and reversed it.

And some really great company would offer everybody a rebate or a free game or whatnot.
I am thankful about getting ChromeCast back but the way they "deal" with us is China-Esque...

Wow thanks for restoring !

Why all the soap opera then?

Well anyway still mad for ruin xmas and new year parties 🙂

Can confirm. Works after updating the headset. I can cast from Quest 2 to Chromecast.

Android app does not seem to be fixed yet though. (Cannot start cast to Chromecast from app, as I could before).

Thanks for fixing, and please dont remove it again. Let people themselves decide how to use their hardware.

andruillas
Explorer

Meta appear to have feature toggled this back on. I got it back without a software update.

See this thread too: https://communityforums.atmeta.com/t5/Ideas/Re-Enable-Direct-Casting-to-Chromecast/idc-p/1133499/emc...

Personally very pleased. Got casting back at a touch of a button and no faff. 

@meta. Don't do it again! Naughty puppy.

Omg. Thank you so much. The functionality is so much better. I tried mirroring to my phone, and laptop then to my tv and both have very bad quality and lag. But the chrome 🤌🏼 beautiful!

I just saw the latest update brought back chromecast on the quest. Thank you. This was a huge bummer to not have it on xmas.

Hey there! We're just stopping back by to let you all know that we're pleased to hear that you're now able to cast and enjoy the VR experience you all deserve! Feel free to reach back out if you run into any other questions or concerns. We'd be more than happy to assist. Thank you all for being part of our vibrant community!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Thank you for listening to your customers.  I am personally happy that I can put on the headset and show my kids how to do something again.

We did it! Victory! Great job folks. Power of the people 💪!

It is still not working for me!

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?