cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Privacy settings won't open

Onlyme100
Honored Guest

Hi, Please does anyone know the reason why when in settings, everything will open apart from the privacy settings? 

12 REPLIES 12

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Howdy, @Onlyme100! It seems you're experiencing issues opening the privacy settings. Our goal is for you to enjoy your VR experience, so we would be happy to look into this for you. To ensure we have a good understanding, we'd like to collect a few details. 

Please answer the following so we can continue to work on this with you:

• Is this happening on your device?
  • Is it just the privacy settings that don't work?
  • Have you already rebooted the headset?
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

xchxvxbbx
Honored Guest

Don't reply! Incompetent Meta employees just trying to get personal information from you than sell it to third party companies.

Hi there, @xchxvxbbx.I completely understand wanting to maintain privacy information when using devices that connect you to the internet. In this case, support is asking for more information about what is happening with the headset and not asking for their personal information. If they do get to a point where personal information would be required, it would be to assist with account-related issues or to connect them with our support team for additional assistance.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The force shall free me.

MeLlamanHokage
Explorer

I also have this issue on my headset
Every menu option will open except the privacy pane.
Very interesting considering the company's recent controversy

and yes it hapens with my headset, only with the privacy tab and the issue persists after reboot

Thank you for your response. This is happening on my daughters brand new headset. Everything opens apart from the privacy setting.  Reboot made no difference. I have had my own headset a year and never encountered this problem.

Thank you for letting us know you have rebooted the headset, however, have you tried a Factory Reset? If you do please check your cloud backup is on with the following steps here: 

1. Go to secure.oculus.com/my/cloud-backup/ on a computer.
  2. Use the search field to filter for any specific application, or scroll through the table to view which of your applications have Cloud Backup enabled.

Then you can factory reset using these steps: 

1. Turn off your headset.
  2. Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
  3. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory Reset and press the power button.
  4. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

Let us know if anything changes!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hello there! Just checking in to see if you're still in need of our assistance!

This issue persists through the factory reset

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?