cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro-Controllers Lost connection

JaiJax
Honored Guest

I have the pro-controllers connected with the Quest 2. A few months ago they used to loose connection all the time then come right back on. After an update it stopped and was just random and so quick/infrequent it really didn't make a difference. The last update or 2 I've noticed it happening again - enough to where Supernatural will stop because of it - yes, this is both controllers. Well, yesterday morning my right controller lost connection and won't come back. I restarted my headset - didn't work. I unlinked my controller and relinked it - didn't work. I turned my headset off then back on - didn't work. I turned my headset off and left it alone all day/night - didn't work. It was still not connected this morning. 

Please help me with this. TIA

5 REPLIES 5

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Howdy there, @JaiJax! We completely understand that you're encountering some issues with the Quest Pro controllers when linked to the Quest 2. We know how this affect your VR experience. We also appreciate you letting us of the sort of troubleshooting you've tried so that we know where to begin. So, first let's try to attempt doing a factory reset on the controllers. We'll leave the instructions here so you may try it if you haven't already.

1. Right Controller: Hold A and Oculus buttons until the LED begins flashing red/white.
    Left Controller: Hold X and Menu buttons until the LED begins flashing red/white.
  2. Release the buttons immediately after the LED begins blinking red/white.
  3. Perform a manual pairing and check if controller LED would flash blue and white to signal pairing state.
  4. Once paired, controllers may take a while to update and stay unresponsive until they finish, and LED would be purple during the update.

Please let us know how it goes so we can determine if any additional steps are required! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello there! We're keeping an eye on you and wondering if you still need any further assistance. If you do, please let us know, and we'll be more than delighted to continue assisting you.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

khmereshop
Honored Guest

I have oculus pro and oculus pro controllers. After the software automatically update, my oculus pro controllers no longer working. I try to pair them and turn on and off couple time . Nothing is working. I went to setting turn off the hand tracking and switch controller, nothing is working. How do I get my controllers working again?

Hey there! We thank you for bringing this to our attention and trying some steps on your own; it lets us know you are ahead of the game. We know how having connection issues with your controller can stop you from enjoying your VR experience. No worries; we'll be happy to help! Could you please try the following steps to see if they fix your issue:

1. Try waking them up by quickly pressing the Oculus or Menu buttons.
    • The LED should be solid white on each controller while in VR. If not, consult the Controller's LED chart to see if the controller requires charging or needs time to update.

2. Make sure the tracking cameras of the controllers are clean. Customers need to use the cleaning cloth provided with the Quest Pro, or a dry, non-abrasive microfiber cloth.

3. While in VR, hold the controllers at eye level, pointing in front so that the cameras on the controller can see the surroundings.
    • Move the controller around slowly for the controllers to start tracking.

4. Try pressing and holding the Oculus button for 5 to 10 seconds. If the controllers re-center, then at least the controller Bluetooth is connected. This means it’s likely the controller is not tracking.

5. Power cycle the controllers:
    1. Try rebooting the controller by holding down the Oculus/Menu button until you see the lights change.
      • This usually takes about 20 seconds. You should feel the "powering down" haptics, followed by the "powering up" haptics before releasing the button.
    2. If still not working, press Oculus or Menu button to ensure the controller is awake and flashing S.O.S. on the LED. The S.O.S. mode will blink in white with the S.O.S. pattern (3 quick blinks, 3 slow blinks, 3 quick blinks).
    3. Restart the HMD via long-pressing the power button until the Power Menu comes up. Use the Gaze Cursor to select Reboot.

6. If power cycling the controllers did not resolve the issue, press Oculus or Menu button to ensure the controller is awake and flashing S.O.S.; then go through the Meta Quest app and unpair/pair the controllers.

7. If that does not work, manually pair the controller using commands:
    1. To enter pairing mode on each controller, press and hold the Oculus+B (right) or Menu+Y buttons (left) for 3 seconds. You'll feel a light vibration from the front trigger when the controller transitions into pairing mode.

8. You can also try a couple of button combinations to get the controllers to appear:
    1. Force power off the controllers by holding down the Oculus/Menu button for 8 seconds.
      • You should feel the "powering down" haptics.
    2. Turn them back on by short pressing the Oculus or Menu buttons.

9. Last resort step is to factory reset the controller:
    1. Right Controller: Hold A and Oculus buttons until the LED begins flashing red/white.
      Left Controller: Hold X and Menu buttons until the LED begins flashing red/white.
    2. Release the buttons immediately after the LED begins blinking red/white.
    3. Perform a manual pairing and check if controller LED would flash blue and white to signal pairing state.
    4. Once paired, controllers may take a while to update and stay unresponsive until they finish, and LED would be purple during the update.

Let us know if this works for you!

Hey there! We're just following up with you to see if you still need assistance. If so, please provide the information from our previous message and we'll assist. We hope you have a great day!