cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro controllers on Q2 not connected after wake-up

Larry_O
Protege

I do believe this is a known issue but would still like to know whether there's something I should do or if there's an update on its way.

Whenever I lay my headset on the table for a while it goes to sleep, and when I put it back on I can't get the pro controllers to show up anymore. Only thing that works is to;

-put the controllers on charge ( this is q must after trying otherwise)

- reboot the headset 

- vigorously press Oculus-buttons on the controllers and wish for the left toe to grant them to be connected.

If I try something else than the above, there's no chance( or perhaps a minute one) to have the controllers to show up.

As there's no power button on the headset, or a timer to shut down the headset, it tends to be in sleep( for longer times but usually for few minutes, )and there's no real cure I can see to do it differently. But is there some other means to certain the controllers connect properly? I never had an issue with the originals not connecting( but as the right controller travels a lot in space, it's unusable), nor do I have with Forcetube I just got.

16 REPLIES 16

LooperTheGameCat
Honored Guest

I'm on v49 and still have the same issue

FunkyTanuki
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey everyone, we hate to hear that you're experiencing this issue. V49 should help with stability issues but this is still a new feature with some kinks to iron out. The Quest Pro controllers operate differently than the standard Quest 2 controller. They are essentially each their own mini computer. So when it connects to your headset it is also being connected to your Wi-Fi for stability. When you headset goes into standby it shuts of the controllers which disconnect them from your Wi-Fi, causing them to unpair. Like I mentioned before, this is a new feature which still needs some work but our team is always working on the next update. If the connectivity issue worsens, I highly encourage opening a support ticket HERE so that we can make sure you get the assistance you need.

"I Have Found That People Lie, Most Often Deceiving Themselves. Not So The Dead. The Dead Are So Very, Very Loud. And Yet, Lying Is Not In Their Nature. It Is So... Humbling, To Listen To The Dead Speak."

JMpeg69
Honored Guest

Hello, so if somebody here thought about sending their controllers back DONT. I spoke to the support over days and I ended up with a  new set of controllers and nothing changed. So the issue is probably not caused by the controllers but by the Q2 or your WiFi connection. 

bodo.harder
Honored Guest

Still not working with v50!!!

I am really very disappointed. Paid a bunch of money for it and still not fixed this annoying bug!

Propheuz
Explorer

same to me, still not working with v50.  Meta come on, with such a expensive product, it should not be a problem for so long.

Larry_O
Protege

Nice to see the problem as solved., If it only was true.

I have decided to turn off my headset if having longer than 5 minutes break as the controllers won't work after that.

O'h, if only someone would come up with a tech that could detect objects and determine procedures accordingly. Or, how about a power switch or a power-up procedure to the controllers. Wouldn't that be some fancy tech( i give you the IP rights to these fancy, new, never before heard-off tech ideas)? 

Ausimui
Explorer

May i know your procedure for connecting q2 controller with quest pro?   I have tried different pairing method with no success.