cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro controllers still not working on Quest 2

LunchAndJosh
Expert Protege

Have tried everything, reset more than 20 times on and off charging dock, have unpaired and repaired many times both on the headset and phone app, done all the resets. Have done everything except a factory reset, which is crazy considering the face we paid almost the same price as a Quest 2 for these controllers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mine started working now for some reason even though it's not v49, but still on v47. Thanks for getting on this

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

LunchAndJosh
Expert Protege

It is always just stuck at 0% update on the pro controllers

Hey there, @LunchAndJosh. We're sorry to hear that your Quest Pro controllers are giving you difficulties and that you've tried several troubleshooting techniques to try to fix the problem. In order to help us understand this better, we would like to ask you a few questions.

Have you recently updated your Meta Quest software? When there is a new software release, your Meta Quest 2 or Meta Quest headset will update automatically when connected to Wi-Fi and turned on. To make sure your software updates automatically, make sure to:

• Charge your headset.
  • Keep your headset turned on.
  • Keep your Meta Quest 2 or Meta Quest connected to Wi-Fi.
  • Leave your headset on a flat surface without moving it or blocking the inside sensor for an extended period of time.

Your Meta Quest 2 or Meta Quest will not update automatically while turned off or sleeping. To manually check for software updates:

• Press the Oculus button on your right Touch controller to pull up your universal menu.
  • Hover over the clock on the left side of the universal menu. When Quick Settings appears, select it to open the Quick Settings panel.
  • Select Settings in the top right corner.
  • Select System, then select Software Update from the left menu.

From here, you can check your current software version. If a new version is available, a button to download the update will appear. Let us know if this helps fix the problem. We are looking forward to hearing from you soon!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I am currently on v47, but it won't auto update or let me manually update to v49. Have left it charged and on for a long time but no auto updates. Attached photo, on the bottom it still says the "Controller update in progress"327472820_6277606832263623_7447912279515439526_n.jpg

Thanks so much for trying out those steps! We appreciate you updating us on your controller issue. Our team may need to look into this a bit further for you, so please submit a support ticket here for some one-one-one assistance.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I have raised a one on one support ticket but all they got to was to factory reset or submit for a warranty claim. I hope y'all can fix this issue soon

The version you have shown in your screenshot is the exact version I have. My controllers also do not work/update at all.

@MetaQuestSupportis always just recommending a restart or asks to create a support ticket.

I can refer you to these threads here if you want to read about more users reporting the same issue with no solution available:

https://communityforums.atmeta.com/t5/Get-Help/Quest-2-Quest-pro-controllers-update-stuck-at-0/td-p/...

https://communityforums.atmeta.com/t5/Get-Help/I-can-t-pair-the-pro-controller-to-my-Quest2/td-p/102...

If Meta would actually want to help us, they would push the update v49 to users complaining about this issue here on the forum, but why bother...

Sorry can you confirm if this is firmware v47 or v49? Thanks
327472820_6277606832263623_7447912279515439526_n.jpg

Hey again @LunchAndJosh! We'd be more than happy to verify which version you're currently on for you! From the looks of the screenshot you provided, your headset is currently still on V47. The V49 update is slowly rolling out to all users so, as soon as it becomes available to you, you will see the option to update the software version. We hope that clears things up for you! 

Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

how bout you not SLOWLY roll out a update that is required to get your premium product working?

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?