cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro controllers won't connect to quest 3 after v65 update

Piv0t
Explorer

Ugh.. this just started happening.  I assume it is a problem that came with one of the updates to the headset?

After putting my Quest 3 headset to sleep after playing, the pro controllers no longer automatically connect when it wakes up.

The only thing that fixes it is restarted the headset.

It just so happens that I have two pairs of pro controllers.  This problem occurs with both.

Restarting controllers doesn't fix it.

Factory reset of controllers doesn't fix it.

Turning headset on/off doesn't fix it.

Have to restart the dumb headset every time I play now. 😞

137 REPLIES 137

ShiroTenko
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hi @Sg3117, looks like you've ran into some Touch Pro Controller issues. Since you've seem to have found all possible troubleshooting for this issue, I want to go ahead and grab some information to provide the team of this.

Can you let me know of the following info in the pinned post?

“There are only four rules you need to remember: make the plan, execute the plan, expect the plan to go off the rails, throw away the plan.” -Leonard Snart.

I'm having the same problem with my pro controllers and Quest 3. Let me know if you want that info as well.

ShiroTenko
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey @VENOM-, absolutely! The more the merrier! That way the team has more info and bug reports to look over.

“There are only four rules you need to remember: make the plan, execute the plan, expect the plan to go off the rails, throw away the plan.” -Leonard Snart.

Okay, there is no error message with it either. I can only tell they're connected because they show the solid white dot. They just never attempt to track. 

I'll gather that up tomorrow for you.

Thanks

do you want me to post that information here? and how do i submit a bug report? do i need to reconnect the pro controllers for this? bc i cannot interact with the in HMD menu or switch to hand tracking while controllers are messing up

and @Piv0t  i have been having that issue too.

Ah I see we are all having the same issue.  I was just describing it different (as not connecting).  Thanks all.  Lets get this annoying issue fixed!

Hey, we wanted to check back in here to see if you needed any further assistance. Please don't hesitate to hit us up!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

ShiroTenko
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey @Sg3117, you can submit a bug report from your mobile app too, just follow the instructions in this article: Report a problem on Meta Quest.

And since @Piv0t mentioned that they are having having the same experience, I'm going to merge this thread into theirs. This way we can have a central point for updates and if more users experience this issue, the team can see it much more easily.

here is the info that you requested

1. Which headset you're using? Meta Quest 3.
  2. Are you enrolled in the PTC?  No.
  3. Software Version Meta Quest Mobile App: 267.0.0.8.108
  4. Software Version Meta Quest Headset:
    65.0.0.546.341.596219110, runtime version 65.0.0.548.344.596219384
  5. Confirmation of Bug Report submission: just sent one today
  6. Error or message that you are getting to confirm the tracking is being lost:
    no error message. shows controllers are paired on the app, and once i turn off both controllers the hand tracking turns on.

Hopefully we can get this fixed!!

ShiroTenko
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Perfect! Thank you so much for that. If the team needs any other info, I'll be sure to update it here. 😊

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?