cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro controllers won't connect to quest 3 after v65 update

Piv0t
Explorer

Ugh.. this just started happening.  I assume it is a problem that came with one of the updates to the headset?

After putting my Quest 3 headset to sleep after playing, the pro controllers no longer automatically connect when it wakes up.

The only thing that fixes it is restarted the headset.

It just so happens that I have two pairs of pro controllers.  This problem occurs with both.

Restarting controllers doesn't fix it.

Factory reset of controllers doesn't fix it.

Turning headset on/off doesn't fix it.

Have to restart the dumb headset every time I play now. 😞

198 REPLIES 198

Thanks for the reply.  I'll make the bug report as you suggested.

Absolutely! We appreciate you taking this step. Don't hesitate to reach out with any additional questions or concerns. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

ShiroTenko
Retired Support

Extra, extra! Read all about it! So I just got word from the team that they have notified the engineers to look into this. 

Once I get news of any updates, I'll relay them here. 😁

“There are only four rules you need to remember: make the plan, execute the plan, expect the plan to go off the rails, throw away the plan.” -Leonard Snart.

Piv0t
Explorer

Fantastic @ShiroTenko Thanks so much!

No problem, glad to be of help on this!

“There are only four rules you need to remember: make the plan, execute the plan, expect the plan to go off the rails, throw away the plan.” -Leonard Snart.

The Left Quest Pro controller isn't working after it finished updating

Im having the same issue with pro controllers,they dont connect on boot up of headset,if i switch the quest 3 off then on again sometimes they connect

Hey @robbiejmaster, the issue is already being looked into. To help out the engineers looking into this, can you please submit a bug report? Thank you!

Hey there, I also had those issues a few weeks ago with a ptc release. After trying many different things to fix those issues,  I left PTC to get them working again.

Sadly those issues now continued to the "stable" release, even tho there were quite some bug reports about it. Here is another reddit example of some users having the controller issues.

At least PTC66 seems to fix it for most people - but according to this forums/reddit, there are other critical issues with that version, which lets me hesitate to go back to PTC for now (eg. proximity sensor and therefore headset going standby while using it).

A promptly fix would be highly appreciated. I will show the Quest 3 to a few friends next week and faulty software releases with controller issues, are of course are a very good reason to not get them into VR or the meta ecosystem. I also ditched many VR sessions the last few weeks, cause I absolutly don't want to deal with those annoying bugs everytime I turn my headset on.

ajimithing
Honored Guest

Having same issue. “Controllers not tracking - long press until controllers restart” pop up - but nothing works. Pro controllers with quest 3. 

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?