cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem setting up my Meta Quest 2

master_chiefEth
Honored Guest

Hello, 

I have problem setting up my new Meta Quest 2. When starting the process to setup the device and pairing with my phone, on my phone it asks to enter a 5 digits code. On the oculus the code that appears is an 8 digit codes.

What I'm I supposed to do with that?

2 REPLIES 2

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @master_chiefEth. We know how troubling it can be to have issues with setting up your headset. Luckily we are here and we'll be do all that we can to get this working for you. 

We'll like for you to factory reset your headset with these steps. 

1. Turn off your headset.
  2. Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
  3. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory Reset and press the power button.
  4. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

Can you also uninstall and reinstall the mobile app? We look forward to your response and figuring this all out. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey again @master_chiefEth. We are just reaching back out to ask how those troubleshooting steps we gave you yesterday helped your headset issue. We look forward to your response and figuring all of this out. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!