cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with app sharing on quest 2

Kikidera
Honored Guest

I've used the app sharing feature lots of times with different games, and it had always been working. Lately when I downloaded a game I could only download it from the main account, once I switched to the second account I couldn't download it, it wasn't in the app library. The game is called "Medal of Honor™: Above and Beyond". I tried everything I thought might work but I couldn't fix the issue. If anyone knows a solution please help me.

13 REPLIES 13

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Kikidera, we know that app sharing issues can definitely be pesky, we'll have this fixed for you as quickly as possible! Have you noticed any other games that are having a similar issue downloading? Did you let Medal of Honor fully install on the primary account before swapping to the second account? Have you power-cycled and re-installed the Meta application already?

Please shoot us a PM with the information above so we can better assist. Select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

bcanaday
Honored Guest

@MetaQuestSupport, I'm having the same issue with all games. I have two headsets. Each I am the primary user on and my daughter is then secondary user. On the second headset (let's call it the guest headset) I have app sharing turned on. When I install applications like Beat Saber they do not show as installed for the secondary user. They also cannot install applications either. The menu appears to be doing this and then it goes back to the option to install again within seconds. My second account cannot play/use the headset at all. All gameplay must be done currently under my primary account which isn't ideal at all. I have an open support case 6323725 I started in chat yesterday but we didn't get anything working. I have factory reset the guest headset and set it up again twice. The settings are all set properly but as @Kikidera stated it appears you have introduced a bug recently.

Hey @bcanaday, we took a quick peek into that support ticket and it looks like a follow-up email was sent with some information. At the moment, app sharing can only function with one device at a time. You would need to change the administrator on the headset, for more information on this please view the link that was attached to your support email.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

bcanaday
Honored Guest

@MetaQuestSupport, I am only attempting to share content on one headset the guest or second headset as it were. Again, this worked previously and now the second user cannot even install applications let alone use applications I have shared on this headset via app sharing. This response was a generic one that didn't solve any issues.

Thanks, for checking but hopefully I can get someone to actually look into this issue and understand it is not a user error but a product issue. Happy to help troubleshoot the issue to help drive resolution. I'm a 26 year IT veteran so I have a bit of talent for this sort of thing.

I am having this exact same problem.   I am 70 and not so computer Savy but I would really like someone to help me please.    I have searched and searched and tried a few different ideas.  I have reset to factory three times.    I would really be thankful for someone to help me.   I’m missing out from playing golf with my grandson who lives far away.   Please help.  Thank you

Hey there, @rod2102! We wanted to stop on by as we see you are having issues with app sharing! We understand how this can hinder you playing golf with your grandson. 

We really want to lend a hand with getting this issue resolved. We know you mentioned you are not very computer Savvy, we would like to direct you to our amazing support team. We offer support in three different channels such as email, chat, and phone call. So if you would follow this link here: https://metaque.st/Support. This will take you to our support page.  

Well here we are in a new year and still cannot get application sharing to work. I have exchanged messages with several technicians but no matter how many times they send me the sharing document with instructions the outcome of it not working hasn't changed. This issue began in early December of 2022 and it is now late January of 2023. I am starting to question my purchase of two headsets and the applications and add on packs I've purchased. Unless things can get sorted out I may have to see a refund and give up on this. The games are fun, the experience is amazing but I was only able to have a head to head two player experience with my two headsets for about 2 weeks and then after an RMA for a bad charging port I have been unable to share apps and play head to head with my two headsets. @MetaQuestSupport I need to have my case escalated and resolved App Sharing-(6323725)

Hey @bcanaday, thanks for following up! We see the app sharing issue for your Quest 2 has still not been resolved. We know how it can feel like going up a hill when going through the troubleshooting process. Rest assured, we will get this squared away! We'd like to inform you that we have reached out to the agent who was assisting you with your support ticket. Keep your eyes peeled for an email with updates! 

Farmansk
Honored Guest

I am having a similar issue but cannot figure out how to solve it:

I have two headsets on with only a primary account and one with both the same primary and a secondary account. On headset two I have always been able to use app sharing so that I could play with my son. But now after having updated to the latest is on both headsets I bought Medal of Honor and installed it on the first headset…. On the second I can find it on the primary account and all the previously shared games but not Medal of Honor… I have tried factory reset and reinstalling both accounts but I did not work…. Please help