cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with taking up double storage when downloading a game on a second account

louis.12Hehe
Honored Guest

Greetins everyone! I was curious about making my son a profile for my Quest 3 in order so he can play my games but only with his saving slot. I saw on the Meta FAQ page that when having a game downloaded on the main account, it does need to be downloaded on the second account but do not take up any space. For, me this is kinda weird because now I have created my son an account and all the games still require to be downloaded. Furthermore, I have seen this reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/OculusQuest/comments/16u54le/does_multiple_account_app_sharing_downloads_us... where everyone complained that it does take double the space. This is problematic because we got the 128 GB Quest 3. So, it would be a pleasure if anyone can tell me if this is a current bug or am I doing something wrong?

2 REPLIES 2

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @louis.12Hehe ! We appreciate you reaching out to us about this concern. You are correct; it does ask for a download. This is done in order to keep track of user scores and data. If the admin has the game already downloaded, it will not take any extra storage. What you are experiencing is part of the device's functionality. We hope this provides some clarification, we are more than happy to help with any further questions or concerns.

Thank you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! Swinging on by to see if you're still in need of our assistance! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!