cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with wifi connection

Anonymous
Not applicable
Having a problem with the Oculus Go internet connections. Some apps say there is no internet connection however the browser works fine. WIFI is connected and strong. 
Home page doesn't show internet material. Oculus rooms wont load. However the browser goes to Google and Youtube so the internet is working. 
9 REPLIES 9

ashzhang
Explorer
i have same problem with my iPhone X  and OPPO r9,why my go cannot connect WiFi but the headset says WiFi-connected but is updating for several hours。

justdean1
Honored Guest
Im having the same problem with my oculus go keep saying i lost wifi when its on it happens every time im on it but all my other devices have wifi im hoping the wifi receiver
in my go is not folty  

sukhjeets
Explorer
I have issues connecting with the iPhone Hotspot.  The hotspot does not show up on the list of available Wifi connections. The bluetooth connection works fine, though.
Spent about 15 min switching my phone and the Go on and off. And then it connected, all by itself, with me none the wiser. 
Adding the Wifi connections manually does not work. Deleting the wifi connections on the iPhone app is impossible, nothing happens.

JohSm67
Rising Star
Yep, seen the same message popup about wifi, but it still seams to be connected! Maybe a feature to be corrected....
JohSm

sukhjeets
Explorer
The iOS app was updated yesterday. Now able to delete a Wifi connection. Would be great to have a feature where the Go connects to only known connections. Now every time I start it in a busy place, the Go connects to any available Wifi which does not need a password. Annoying.  

hellrece
Honored Guest
Re-posting this post from May 9th. Having the same issue. Any solutions?

Having a problem with the Oculus Go internet connections. Some apps say there is no internet connection however the browser works fine. WIFI is connected and strong. 
Home page doesn't show internet material. Oculus rooms wont load. However the browser goes to Google and Youtube so the internet is working. 

grbmm
Honored Guest
I'm having this same issue. Wifi is connected and strong. Browser works fine. Internet content on the home page and store do not work. Home page says "Something went wrong" with a Retry option.  Store says there is no internet.   Has anyone figured this out?

MuseoItalgas
Honored Guest

I have the same incredible issue right now (Never seen before, in 2 years) !!!  I open the browser and at the first default page with icon for facebook, twitter, instagram, etc. it say "no internet connection", but if I click an icon or type a web site, it works.  The Home does not work, it says "There is a problem, retry later", so it does not load the icon of my apps. Oculus store also, does not work and say I have no internet. I already tried 3 different wifi and the problem is the same. It depends from the GO. That is simply an incredible bug, I hate these things, these incredible bugs.  When will it be fixed ? NEVER !!! THANK YOU FACEBOOK, for this abandoned device that now I can throw in my WC.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello,

We see that you are experiencing an issue with your Oculus Go network connection not working for some applications, but you are still able to open and access the internet browser. You may need to connect to another Wi-Fi network if possible. If that the issue is still prevalent after trying a different network connection, please try the following troubleshooting steps below:

• Make sure your Oculus device is fully updated.
  • Restart the Oculus device.
  • Try uninstalling and reinstalling 1 of the applications that is showing no internet connection to see if there is any change. 

If these troubleshooting steps do not resolve this issue, please submit a support ticket here, so we can further assist you.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!