cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems setting up passthrough in Unreal

GuillaumeCote
Honored Guest

Greetings!

I'm trying to make a game with Unreal using the Oculus passthrough but I'm having difficulties.

I followed the instructions on the Oculus website : "https://developer.oculus.com/documentation/unreal/unreal-passthrough-overview/"

Everything worked, I managed to download Oculus custom unreal engine (based on 427), compiled it, created a new project, changed the project settings as indicated, created a new pawn and added the Oculus passthrough layer. Everything seemed good to go but when I package it and install it on my quest I doesn't work. 😞 What would be passthrough is either transparent or black. Does anyone has experience with this and could help me?

Some additional information :

• I'm using a quest one, is this a quest 2 only feature?
  • I'm packaging and running on standalone quest mode.
  • When running the game for a first time on a quest, it does bring up the passthrough prompt, meaning the device does recognize that the app utilize the feature.
  •  
    GuillaumeCote_1-1649969195428.png

Thanks in advance!

.G

6 REPLIES 6

michaelcawood
Protege

I have a feeling this is a Quest 2 only feature. But I could be wrong. The first thing I'd check is, did you hide or delete everything in the environment of your map where you want to see the AR Passthrough, e.g. the sky dome?

LeeBlue181
Explorer

Hey there,

did you get it to work after all? 🙂 Best regards

michaelcawood
Protege

I have it working.

Wow ... ok - is there any chance to maybe catchup for a short videochat to give me some starters ... i followed the instructions aswell but am kind of lost right now... that would be an awesome help... there is so much about quest an unity - but unreal ... arghhh

michaelcawood
Protege

Truthfully it's a while ago I got it going and there's been so much tech since then I can't say I can remember much. But if you can find me on Discord, maybe I can look at my blue prints.

Thank you so much! I guess its quite easy what i am looking for and honestly - i am more than grateful already... 

Will be back home in about three ours and check discord ... 😊

Best regards... Marcel 

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?