cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processor for vr

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ho everyone, i’ve an i5-4440 and i’d like to know if it can handle the vr, and if not what cpu do u suggets, i’ve lga 1150 socket and cant change it..
4 REPLIES 4

MadMax1998
Level 5
Yes, it will be able to handle normal VR workloads as long as you don't play flight or driving sims (those are hard on the CPU). Some games are also pretty CPU-intensive and yours might struggle a bit with those.

Main problem is the low frequency of only 3.3 GHz on turbo. In VR clock speed does matter and something closer to 4 GHz will get you more performance. If you must stay on LGA 1150 I'd suggest upgrading to an i5-4690K since it's fast and you might also be able to overclock it. I overclocked my i5-2500K to 4.5 GHz and ran all VR on it for two years.

If you can find one that's reasonably priced, you could also go for an i7-4790K, which runs at 4.4 GHz on turbo. It has HyperThreading so future VR titles that leverage more than 4 threads can utilize the additional threads. But my guess is this CPU is sought after and won't be cheap.

SkScotchegg
Level 11

Ho everyone, i’ve an i5-4440 and i’d like to know if it can handle the vr, and if not what cpu do u suggets, i’ve lga 1150 socket and cant change it..

I also have an I5 4690k and it has always ran 99% of VR games just fine so I don't think you would have any issue with your CPU tbh, most VR games aren't that demanding.

What GPU do you have? I'd recommend a GTX 1060 6GB or above for VR.
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks to everyone! @SkScotchegg @MadMax1998 what should do i buy , 2070 490€ or 2070S 550€?

SkScotchegg
Level 11

Thanks to everyone! @SkScotchegg @MadMax1998 what should do i buy , 2070 490€ or 2070S 550€?

I wouldn't recommend spending so much money but if your determined then I would say go for the cheapest option, 2070 would be absolutely fine for VR 🙂
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!