cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Qeust 2 Battery obsolescence issue

Elin_Ichthys
Explorer

Hello, It may be lacking because it is a question through a translator. Please understand.

My Quest 2 battery, which has been in use for a year and two months, has had a problem.

No matter how you use it, it doesn't charge more than 56% and you can only use it for about 20 minutes after charging.

The result is the same even after a few hours of charging.

The same is true for attempting battery calibration after factory initialization and full discharge.

I bought it through an official Korean distributor, but it is said that it cannot be repaired.

Does Oculus not provide repair support?
Is there only a way to buy a new device?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cant advise on cause but to get to 100% put the headset into bootloader mode, i.e. hold volume down while powering on, you'll come to a menu, when plugged in the headset will charge fully.  I heard that then following a similar process to laptop battery learning (charge fully then turn on and allow to fully discharge) may help but I haven't tried that yet.

Given that this works it's likely 'planned obsolescence' in my mind.

You navigate the menu using vol up / down to move through menu and power to select.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Cant advise on cause but to get to 100% put the headset into bootloader mode, i.e. hold volume down while powering on, you'll come to a menu, when plugged in the headset will charge fully.  I heard that then following a similar process to laptop battery learning (charge fully then turn on and allow to fully discharge) may help but I haven't tried that yet.

Given that this works it's likely 'planned obsolescence' in my mind.

You navigate the menu using vol up / down to move through menu and power to select.

Elin_Ichthys
Explorer

It works ! thanks you so much graeme647 🙂

NewriderCalif
Honored Guest

Battery need to be replace. Get one from ebay do it you're self many youtube video how to replace.

Ethario
Explorer

Doesn't work for me...

Hey Ethario! Thanks for brining this to our attention! We'd love to look into possible options available to you, however, this is best done through a support ticket! Please submit your support ticket through the link here: https://metaque.st/Support! When submitting your support ticket please be sure to mention the issue in as much detail as possible as well as your Full name, email address, username, and serial number. Here is a link to an article that has steps on how to find your serial number: Finding the serial number for your Meta Quest 2 headset and controllers | Meta Store! We look forward to hearing from you via support ticket! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Elin_Ichthys
Explorer

My quest 2 is now in the process of getting a replacement through a support ticket.

There is nothing wrong with your Oculus battery its a software issue. 

Correct. It's Meta fault. They need to fix it with v41 or I am going to abandon VR.

Did you get a replacement yet? How long did it take and did it fix the issue?