cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 1 doesn't seem to be downloading firmware updates during side loading

adizzle.2023
Honored Guest

Recently received Oculus Quest 1 as gift. Went through set up fine, pairing fine but don't have apps to use. When trying to download apps from the phone app they say they are qued but never download. did some research and found it may be firmware issue. Got the firmware v31, hooked it up tp computer and thought it would be fine but when looking through the goggles it says," installing system updates" but in my Terminal screen it's at 0% and never moves beyond that point also headset displays only good so far and never progresses.

Ive went all the advice i could fine in Reddit and here but nothing seems to help. I may need a professional to get this working. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TheAntiSocializer
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

@adizzle.2023 When it comes to Side loading, we don't really recommend it since it can cause unknown issues such as this. 

If anything you could try to factory reset the headset:

1. Turn it off.
  2. Hold the Power and Volume Down button together until the menu loads.
  3. Use the Volume Buttons to highlight Factory reset and press the Power button. 

If that doesn't seem to work, you could always check the settings for any software updates you could install. 

However, if you're having further issues I'd recommend reaching out to the support team where they'll look into some further options. 

Sometimes it's okay to be a little Bing Chilling

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

TheAntiSocializer
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

@adizzle.2023 When it comes to Side loading, we don't really recommend it since it can cause unknown issues such as this. 

If anything you could try to factory reset the headset:

1. Turn it off.
  2. Hold the Power and Volume Down button together until the menu loads.
  3. Use the Volume Buttons to highlight Factory reset and press the Power button. 

If that doesn't seem to work, you could always check the settings for any software updates you could install. 

However, if you're having further issues I'd recommend reaching out to the support team where they'll look into some further options. 

Sometimes it's okay to be a little Bing Chilling

Yea, i've looked into the settings and no update available is the only thing it says, also it says last update was Sep. 26, 2020.

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?