cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 1 not loading anything after merging Facebook and Meta accounts

TyJacy
Explorer

Hello,

I have been using my Oculus for a few years and yesterday my computer made me merge my Facebook and Instagram into a "Meta" account or something along those lines.

After doing that merge, my Quest 1 will no longer load anything. I can get into the Home screen but almost everything doesn't work.

Discover, can't load. Shop, "Oops, nothing to show here" and such. 

Even my library won't load. And my library says I only have 6 games installed but it won't even load to show me which 6 games I "only have" and I have a lot more games, some that costed money.

I can do I few things still. I can change the Wifi, I can change my boundary, and that is mostly it.

I really want to fix this so I can get back to playing my VR.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello Oculus Support and anybody reading this in the future.

I have contacted support and they told me to factory reset, and everything seems to be working correctly again. 

If you have this issue and are thinking about factory resetting, if you want to keep your saves, go into your settings and make sure Oculus Cloud Backup is on.

If you don't want to factory reset yet, contact the support team using the link and it might help you.

Thank you. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hiya! It seems you may be experiencing something not intended by design. We know how these situations feel. We want to assure you that we are actively working towards a solution. 

However, you may find success with the following steps: 

• uninstalling and reinstalling the app
  • Logging out completely and signing back in 
  • Hard reboot the headset 

If you are still having issues after trying the steps listed above, please follow this link and tell us about your issue there. That way our engineers can see how widespread these issues are. https://forums.oculusvr.com/t5/Support/Emerging-Issue-Unable-to-log-into-Oculus-App-after-Meta-Accou...

Thank you and we hope you have a great day!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hello Oculus Support,

I feel as if I could have described it better.

I was trying to see if there was a way to stream my Quest 1's perspective to my laptop to stream to my friends on Discord. When I clicked on something, it said something like "Link your account to a Meta account" or something. And I did.

After I did that, I turned on my headset, and nothing loaded.

This isn't an issue with the computer app or the phone app as everything is showing up there just fine. This is some issue with my Quest 1 that I think is related to that linking thing.

The issue on the Quest nearly affects everything I can do on the Quest and I now have explored every single menu it would let me so here is a list of things I can and can not do.

Can do:

Access "Unknown Source" games

Open Quick Settings

Open the full Settings from Quick Settings

Connect to different Wi-Fi Networks

Set a Guardian

Open Web Browser (by clicking on a Learn More option)

Load Screenshots

What I can not do:

Open Explore. "We are unable to load this content"

Open Store. "Oops, nothing to show here!"

Open Friends. "This content can not be loaded at this time"

Open Apps. It sits there and loads but never loads anything.

See all of my games. A dropdown box in the Apps says I have only 6 games installed not counting "Unknown Source" games

That is about it. It is mostly just a device sitting there that can barely do anything. All of my stuff outside the headset is working. I can sign in and out on my phone app, I think I am able to buy things (I am not going to test that if I can't use the game), see my friends, look at my profile, etc.

It is just that the Quest isn't working.

Thanks

Hey again!

Thank you for providing some helpful insight! It seems we are going to have to take a dive into the deep end and go over some sensitive material. For us to be able to help at our maximum power, let's have you submit a support ticket here: https://metaque.st/Support and one of our most awesome agents will be able to fully dive in with all the proper tools at their disposal!

Rest assured we'll get you back in peak VR condition in no time flat!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hello Oculus Support and anybody reading this in the future.

I have contacted support and they told me to factory reset, and everything seems to be working correctly again. 

If you have this issue and are thinking about factory resetting, if you want to keep your saves, go into your settings and make sure Oculus Cloud Backup is on.

If you don't want to factory reset yet, contact the support team using the link and it might help you.

Thank you. 

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?