cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 1 to Quest 2 migration question

ltorg
Honored Guest

I have a Quest 1 with an email Oculus account. I just ordered a new Quest 2, and then came here to see how to get my Quest 1 Oculus account migrated to the new Meta account system so I could have my games available when I set up the new Oculus 2 on the Meta account, and HOLY COW! All I see are problems with people losing games and being locked out of their Quests after moving to Meta.

(I was told that my Quest 1 would still work, and that I could share the games with the Quest 2 if they were both on the Meta account.)

Can someone tell me if these issues are fixed yet and if what I need to do is actually possible without impossible problems? Are there certain steps I need to take in the correct order? Meta isn't very clear on that.

If the issues still exist, I'll cancel my order on Amazon tonight before it ships and hold off on buying anything from Meta until things are fixed.

thanks for any feedback!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hey @Itorg, you wouldn't need to register a new account when connecting to your Quest 2, you'll be able to use the same account to pair with your new headset and everything will be migrated over naturally.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey ltorg!

Meta accounts shouldn't be locking in any way, if you run into an issue like this please reach out to our Support Team and they'll be able to fix this issue right away. As for games not functioning properly, all games are playable to Quest 2 so long as they support the Quest platform.

There are a few games that are only supported on Quest 2, the same works for some Quest 1 games that may not be playable on Quest 2. You can find what games are compatible by opening the game's store page and finding the compatibilities under the Comfort Level for the game.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

ltorg
Honored Guest

Thank you for that info. Should I migrate my Quest 1 to a new Meta account before setting up my Quest2?

Thanks!

Hey @Itorg, you wouldn't need to register a new account when connecting to your Quest 2, you'll be able to use the same account to pair with your new headset and everything will be migrated over naturally.