cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 Air Link Connecting but stuck on loading screen

minouuwu
Honored Guest

I'm having trouble with my Quest 2 Air Link connecting to my laptop. I've used Air Link for a while now and it was working fine on the 19th (9/19/2022) before I ran into the issue of it suddenly being stuck on a loading screen whenever I try to connect.

Sometimes It says that the headset is ready and I can even get a notif from Discord saying a new audio device was detected, all green circles too. Then when I wait for the Air Link to go through it just keeps loading.

Specs: (I dont know what not to put and what to put, sorry)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 4600 with Raedon Graphics

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650

GPU: AMD Radeon(TM) Graphics

My laptop has been working just fine since most likely mid-summer up until the 19th and i've tried the following fixes. 

-turned on beta server

-turned off beta serv, restarted app, turned back on beta serv, restart app again

-restart pc as a whole

-restart quest

-change wifi on both

-change wifi on both to different ones

-change wifi to different ones and then back

-plugging it into my laptop to use link cable

-rollback and redownload drivers

-update windows

-set all graphics to prioritize my High Performance graphics rather than to let windows decide.

UPDATE:

Same problem still occurring after changing my graphics card from NVIDIA to AMD that is supported and disabled any type of VPN I may have. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

never mind i fixed it i just need to free space and didnt think about that being the cause

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @minouuwu! We sincerely appreciate all the troubleshooting you've done so far to get Air Link working again. We want to jump in and help how we can. To do this, please gather logs following THESE instructions and attach the resulting file to a support ticket HERE. We'll be happy to look into this further. Thanks!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Whenever I attempt to gather logs I can only get to 86% before being prompted with Windows Error Reporting and the small window stating what it is gathering disappears shortly after. Should I simply let the program run in the background until it's done or is there a problem with the program obtaining the logs?

Try to let it run in the background and see if you're able to get the file we need. Let us know if it doesn't work, and send in a support ticket anyway so our teams can start looking into this with you.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

etboy15
Explorer

I have a similar problem and the same technical specifications. Quest connects partially - the audio output from the computer works, controller tracking probably works - but the headset just doesn't. I'm stuck in a black world (and sometimes endlessly seeing those loading dots) and whenever I try to launch a VR app/game, I get an error on my computer: "Oculus isn't working correctly. Click here to check our support article." Is there any solution yet?

Heya @etboy15. PCVR is fun and we don't want you to miss out on that. If you haven't already, can you please try all of the troubleshooting steps that @minouuwu tried in their initial post? If none of those help, we would like for you to send us a PM so we can look into this further for you. 

To send us a private message please click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

I've tried everything on the list except link cable (because I stand by the fact that I want to play wirelessly) and none of that solved the problem. I've also tried a few other things like reinstalling the Oculus app, putting the headset in factory settings, or temporarily disabling firewall on my computer. I made sure all the important processes were running on the NVIDIA card and not the integrated one. Again, none of that helped. I tried searching all over the internet and found a bunch of tutorials regarding this endless loading, but even those didn't help. Seems like this is a bigger problem that a lot of people are dealing with, and there is no single solution that works for everyone. Welp... I can send a PM if I feel like it, and hope not to get some ridiculous 'fix' that doesn't fix anything. For any future readers of this thread - if I find a solution that works for me, I'll let you know.

Hi there, @etboy15. Thank you for reaching back out and letting us know of the troubles you're having with the Airlink connection. We know that any sort of connection issue can and will interrupt your VR experience, and we would like to lend a hand to figure this out. We see that you have done a bit of troubleshooting on your own; however, we would like to gather your logs so we can take a look at what may be causing your issue.

Can you do the following?

Gathering log information.

1. Connect the headset to the PC
  2. Find the Oculus installation directory (Generally this will be located at 'C:\Program Files\Oculus')
  3. Navigate to Support and then oculus-diagnostics
  4. Double-click OculusLogGatherer and wait for an executable to appear
  5. Select Get All Logs
  6. This will create a .zip file on the PC desktop. Attach that zip file to the reply.

Also, can you please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed in to the community first to send us a private message.

If you have any questions about any of this, please let us know.

flippednormal
Honored Guest

I'm having the same issue as the OP. I haven't used Quest Link for a while, tbh, because I always found it quite "flakey" compared to Virtual Desktop. I have a VR app that I want to try, though, but I think I need to use it through Quest Link as none of the buttons are responding using it through Virtual Desktop/Steam VR. Plus I want to try a Cyberpunk VR mod, but again, I think there might be a conflict with me using Virtual Desktop/Steam VR. Has anyone been able to determine what might be causing this? I've read that there is a pretty sizeable list of apps that could conflict with it, but honestly, it's very frustrating that Meta's own software is so sensitive and unstable after the product being available for almost 3 years now. Any help would be appreciated!

Update: I tested Both Air Link and Quest Link with the cable on two other PCs in our home, and both worked fine (although one of the PCs had audio issues, but I was able to fix that by re-enabling the devices). The crazy part it that both those PC's have older hardware (both have a GTX 1060 6GB card, one of the lowest cards that can run VR, and i7 7700K processors), and the one that's not working has an i9-9900K Processor and an RTX 3060Ti. this PC is only using Windows Defender and not any other antivirus software, so I don't think it's that interfering. And it's not likely Virtual Desktop, because the other two PCs are both running it....I just don't know what else to do! 😞

I have this same problem and same error message, with different hardware.

Infinite loading screen and error  "Oculus isn't working correctly. Click here to check our support article." When I click on the "article" it goes nowhere. No fix.

RTX 3080TI, Windows 10, intel processor i9 12900