cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 Applications Keep Crashing

Alol600
Explorer

So whenever I open any application it runs smoothly for like 10-20 minutes but then it freezes and crashes. Does anyone know any way to fix this? Thanks

14 REPLIES 14

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Alol600. We know how concerning it can be to have games crash on you when playing. Luckily you came to the right place to get assistance with this. Would you mind trying these steps to reboot the headset? 

1. Turn off your headset.
  2. Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
  3. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Boot device and press the power button.
  4. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

We look forward to seeing how this helps! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Fin0612
Explorer

Seems to be a problem many of us are having. We being asked to do factory reset but I'm not happy to do this. Can you let me know how you get on pls? I'm still waiting to hear from support. Other members been great letting me know about same situation they going thru. 

Hey there @Fin0612. We know how concerning doing a factory reset can be and please allow us to provide you some more information on this. We do see that you've been in other threads about this issue, and we'll be more than happy to assist you with this. Before doing a factory reset, we'll like for you to enable Cloud Backup. This will save all of your data on the headset to the cloud and you won't lose of game progress after doing a factory reset. To enable Cloud Backup, please do the following. 

1. Put on your headset, then hover over the clock on the left side of the universal menu. When Quick Settings appears, select it to open the Quick Settings panel.
  2. Select  Settings.
  3. Select System, then select Backup.
  4. Select the toggle next to Cloud Backup to turn Cloud Backup on

We will also like to note that doing a factory reset will not cause you to lose any of your purchased games. After enabling Cloud Backup, please follow these steps to do a factory reset:

1. Turn off your headset.
  2. Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
  3. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory Reset and press the power button.
  4. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

We hope this gives you some clarity and hopefully this will help you with your games freezing on you. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Again thanks for your reply. I understand I won't lose games but I lose data from those games. I just want to know what the reason is to why this happening? For it to happen for many other oculus accounts there is obviously is a fault and and reason this is happening ? So could we have explanation before we perform what u have asked?

Thank you

Hello thank you for getting back to me. I was doing the steps you gave me but I couldn't get to step four because when I pressed the power button the headset just turned off and when I turned it back on again I was back in the home screen. Thank you for your time.

@Fin0612 There could be a number of things that cause an issue to happen, from a possible hardware update to a simple need for an app re-pair. However, if you've already tried to log out/back in, uninstall/reinstall the app and reboot the headset with the menu there isn't much else left besides to try a Factory reset. This wipes the files and should reformat anything that might've not uploaded/updated correctly in the headset. 

Sometimes it's okay to be a little Bing Chilling

@Alol600 Are you shutting the headset down entirely before trying the factory reset by chance?

Hi I am not doing a factory reset I am doing a reboot

Ah right, that is my bad. It seems like they provided the 4th step on accident as it's not required for rebooting but for factory resetting. That would make sense with the headset just turning back on. 

What headset version are you running by chance?

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?