cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 - Battery not charging beyond 97 percent

anEventHorizon
Honored Guest

Hi there and thank you for your time, I've had my quest 2 for a couple ish years now.  I absolutely love it, and recommend it as the best entry to VR, due to it being wireless, price and PCVR capability.

Battery issue... its not going to 100 anymore 😞
I can't pinpoint exactly when I noticed the battery charging to 97 only, but my best guess it started a month or so ago, the light won't turn green and will stay orange. 

However, if I unplug it, wait 10 seconds, and then plug it back in, it will charge those remaining cells and then the light will turn green.  Will doing this cause battery harm?  Should I accept 97 is the max it can go?

I'm assuming this could be due to battery degradation, but alas, I've seen tips on draining the battery to 0, so it re-calibrates its percentage. 

I've tried a couple times, draining the battery to 0 and fully charging without interfering, but it doesn't seem to work, factory resetting is a kind of last resort option for me. If anyone has done a factory reset and experienced this, how did it go?

My warranty is most likely expired as well, and affording a new headset isn't an option 😞

I know that was a long read and thank you for bearing with me, cheers

3 REPLIES 3

Choleni
MVP
MVP

Hi @anEventHorizon 

Mine only says 97%, but the light turns green.

I think it's been like this since an update. I don't think you need to worry about that.

Funny thing......I'm playing connected to the PC via cable.....I played for 30 minutes and it says 100%‌😂

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello there @anEventHorizon! We're thrilled to hear that you're enjoying your Quest 2 and want to share the VR experience with your loved ones. It's unfortunate to hear that you're facing charging issues with your Quest 2. We definitely don't want you to miss out on the full VR experience due to this! Thank you for providing us with the details of your Quest 2, as it helps us understand the situation better. 

To address your concern, unplugging and plugging back in your headset will not harm the battery life. Just to gather more information, are you still using the original charger? Additionally, do you leave the headset plugged in for extended periods, like days or weeks? It's also worth checking out this article on maximizing the battery life of your Quest headset. We're looking forward to further discussing this with you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hey there, @anEventHorizon! We just wanted to follow up with you on the issues you were having with the Quest 2 battery not charging beyond 97 percent. Did you still need assistance with this matter? Talk to you soon! Have a great day!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?