cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 Beast saber stream to FB

DevineDragoon
Honored Guest

I noticed my Camera cast had the option to stream to Facebook now which wasn't there before so I tried to stream Beat Saber to FB and as soon as i minimized the menu it said streaming paused while unsupported app is running. I have heard of others able to stream Beat Saber to FB on their quest headsets but I get an error about ir's unsupported. wth O_o

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Considering Beat Saber has really cool music options, it is more than likely to be due to copy right issues on music. the article we previously provided listed the following:

Facebook Live broadcasts with music must:

• Minimize the number of distinct music pieces and full-length recorded tracks and keep overall music duration to a minimum (under 30 minutes).
  • Have a visual component; recorded audio should not be the primary purpose of the video.
  • Have approval from the rights holder(s) to use their music on Facebook Live.

Live performances (ex: singing or playing music on an instrument) are generally not restricted so long as they do not contain pre-recorded backing materials that match protected content.

We hope this helps! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @DevineDragoon! We would love to go ahead and provide you with additional information in regards to livestreaming with Facebook. We would suggest going over Facebook livestream policies. If you have any further questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us for further assistance! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! We are just following up with you in regards to the livestreaming feature on Facebook. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns! 

This didn't heal in the least, it is a copyright issue as to why I can't stream Beat Saber

No worries! We were just double checking to see if you're needing help with anything else.

So where can I find out if it's copyrights or something that makes it so it pauses the stream and won't let me stream, so just let me know.

Considering Beat Saber has really cool music options, it is more than likely to be due to copy right issues on music. the article we previously provided listed the following:

Facebook Live broadcasts with music must:

• Minimize the number of distinct music pieces and full-length recorded tracks and keep overall music duration to a minimum (under 30 minutes).
  • Have a visual component; recorded audio should not be the primary purpose of the video.
  • Have approval from the rights holder(s) to use their music on Facebook Live.

Live performances (ex: singing or playing music on an instrument) are generally not restricted so long as they do not contain pre-recorded backing materials that match protected content.

We hope this helps! 

im on v63 and have no option at all to livestream to facebook. what is taking so long to roll this feature out?

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?