cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 Boundaries visible in Eleven Table Tennis VR?

I see that some folks use a round floor mat with a detectable center to keep them from crashing into things.  I am going to be playing Eleven Table Tennis, and considering several areas of my home for this.

I think the best area will actually be a carpeted room.  It is away from traffic areas and has a door to keep sounds from bothering the wife.  I don't think a floor mat would be good over the carpet, and typical table tennis play requires more travel than the mats support anyway.

I read that I can set up boundaries in the Quest 2.  Will they be visible when playing in Eleven Table Tennis?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! We see you have a question about creating a boundary, and we would be pleased to assist you with this. The other options you have with a floor mat are optional, and you can choose your own guardian with our settings. You can see the steps by clicking here. This won't be a visible boundary during most use. However, it does appear when you get close to stepping out of your boundary. 

That link will let you know about the boundary sensitivity and how it works overall when playing a game. And you can turn on and off space sense with the following steps: 

1. Press Meta button on your right Touch or Touch Pro controller to pull up your universal menu.
  2. Hover over the clock on the left side of the universal menu. When Quick Settings appears, select it to open the Quick Settings panel.
  3. Select Settings in the top right corner.
  4. Select Guardian, then select Roomscale.
  5. Scroll down and select Space Sense, then select the toggle next to Space Sense to turn this feature on or off.

We hope this article helped and if you have any other questions we would be more than happy to guide you through anything! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

@MetaQuestSupport wrote:

checking in to see if what we recommend helped? 

Indeed, the (link to the) video was exactly what I needed to learn about,  (... and I did mark it as a solution but thanks for checking in on me.)  The text also helps to get familiar with the names of buttons and concepts.

Now that I know what to look for, I see that the Eleven Table Tennis store entry says it supports "Roomscale".

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! We see you have a question about creating a boundary, and we would be pleased to assist you with this. The other options you have with a floor mat are optional, and you can choose your own guardian with our settings. You can see the steps by clicking here. This won't be a visible boundary during most use. However, it does appear when you get close to stepping out of your boundary. 

That link will let you know about the boundary sensitivity and how it works overall when playing a game. And you can turn on and off space sense with the following steps: 

1. Press Meta button on your right Touch or Touch Pro controller to pull up your universal menu.
  2. Hover over the clock on the left side of the universal menu. When Quick Settings appears, select it to open the Quick Settings panel.
  3. Select Settings in the top right corner.
  4. Select Guardian, then select Roomscale.
  5. Scroll down and select Space Sense, then select the toggle next to Space Sense to turn this feature on or off.

We hope this article helped and if you have any other questions we would be more than happy to guide you through anything! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! Just checking in to see if what we recommend helped? We want to make sure we helped you get this back on track! 

@MetaQuestSupport wrote:

checking in to see if what we recommend helped? 

Indeed, the (link to the) video was exactly what I needed to learn about,  (... and I did mark it as a solution but thanks for checking in on me.)  The text also helps to get familiar with the names of buttons and concepts.

Now that I know what to look for, I see that the Eleven Table Tennis store entry says it supports "Roomscale".

Awesome! We really appreciate it! Don't hesitate if you ever need assistance in the future! Thank you for being part of our family!