cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 Broken headset display - Refurbished replacement troubles

Lolme51
Honored Guest

I got my new quest in January, and found that there was missing pixels on the right eye. So I submitted a sent an email to meta for help, they said they could replace the headset and so I agreed, however what I did not know at the time was that they only replaced headsets with used ones. I was skeptical at first but came to realize that I had not real choice in the matter. After a week they sent me a used headset with the same problem only in a different spot. So I sent it back asking for a new one but they sent me back another used headset but this one had a scratch mark on the lens. This went on a total of four times but each time they sent me a broken one. I have been asking them since march for them to send me a new unopened one but all they said was that there was nothing that could do.

TL;DR

Meta sent me a used and broken replacement four times and are refusing to send me a new unopened one.

13 REPLIES 13

Cookies-N-Scream
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Howdy! I definitely know how eager you must be to get back into the world of VR, and I'd never want you to be waiting on a replacement for an extended period of time.

The refurbished headsets go through multiple in-depth quality checks to ensure they're up to the same quality as a brand-new device. As such, we can't guarantee that a brand new device will be sent back to you when going through the replacement process. I know this may not be the answer you're hoping for, but I hope this helps provide some clarity for you on how our team processes replacement orders.

Through the darkness of futures past, the magician longs to see. One chants out between two worlds: Fire... walk with me

Lolme51
Honored Guest

Clearly the so called quality checks are either not there or just don't work, how else could it be possible that the replacement came with a defect four times.

Hey again, @Lolme51! We hate to hear you've had a reoccurring issue, as this is not the experience we want our gaming family to have. We would be more than happy to look into another replacement for you. We look forward to hearing back from you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hey there, @Lolme51. We just wanted to check in since we haven't heard back from you yet. If you'd still like help with this just let us know, we'd be glad to help out!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Thanks for reaching out, I presume that you would be able to get me a brand new headset as replacement. Thank You.

Thanks for getting back to us. We realize this isn't the response you're hoping for, but we can't guarantee that a replacement would be a brand new device. It is possible, but it's also possible the replacement will be refurbished. Let us know if you'd still like to proceed. We'll be looking forward to hearing back from you! 

Knock knock! We just wanted to pop by to see if you are still needing a hand! If so, feel free to reach back out, and we will gladly lend a hand!

Lolme51
Honored Guest

Sorry for the late replies, I don't know when a reply gets posted. I understand that you can't guarantee it, but would you be able to help me with getting it to be a brand new replacement?

Hey again, No worries, we are always here to help! Thank you for reaching back out to us regarding this matter. As we mentioned before, we will gladly look into replacement options for you, but we can't guarantee that a replacement would be a brand new device. It is possible, but it's also possible the replacement will be refurbished.