cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 Graphics Quality dropped suddenly and need help figuring out how to fix it

Atomikitty
Honored Guest

A couple weeks ago my Quest 2 had a sudden and dramatic change in graphics quality.  In rec room and VRchat - if I turn my head I see a black border, everything jerks around and then I sometimes lose connection.  The skies in both programs have striations...looking like I have the graphics quality from a Nintendo 64.  I've gone through all settings...there doesn't seem to be any settings other than under devices - refresh rate 72hz, render resolution automatic. I reinstalled Meta/Oculus app, I factory reset my headset, I tried a second quest 2 (same thing!) graphics terrible.  I checked my internet connection - everything fine.  I tried connecting to a quest link and entering PCVR - the stuttering was even worse, tearing, freezing, Air Bridge same result.  I've tried the process of elimination and just can't identify the problem.  The ONLY thing I can come up with is that some setting in my oculus software changed, affecting both headsets and I can't identify the problem.  It may not even be related to graphics but some other issue, but the fact that it's affecting both headsets is why I think it must be related to the software.  Is there a way to reset the Oculus app to original settings? I deleted it and redownloaded it, but the problem is still there.  Any suggestions would be greatly...GREATLY appreciated. 

4 REPLIES 4

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Atomikitty, we saw that you were having issues with your Quest to Graphics. Since we have been in your position before and know how this can negatively affect your VR experience, we are inviting you to send us a private message so we can investigate this further and see if we can get you back in the game.

Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MrStonkus
Honored Guest

I have the same issue. How I could get a help?

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! We appreciate you reaching out to voice your concern. We hate to hear that you are having trouble with your graphics card. This is definitely not the experience that we want for our fellow gamers. So no worries, we'll be happy to assist you.

Let's get this conversation moved over to our private messaging section so that we can gather a bit more information from you. You can get there by selecting our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. We'll be looking forward to hearing back from you.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! We noticed that we haven't heard from you in a while and just want to check in to see if you still need assistance. If so, feel free to reach back out to us. We'll be happy to help. 

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?