cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 Guardian issues 2024

JohnMavjus
Honored Guest

Hi everyone with the last update of 8 april 2024 i have problem with the guardian of my Quest 2... at one point I go out of bounds and my viewer says it wasn't able to detect my position despite having enough light... I did the factory reset 2 times and the quest 2 cameras are clean without a scratch ... how can this problem be solved?

3 REPLIES 3

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey JohnMavjus! Thank you for letting us know this is happening! What we recommend is trying out these extra steps here: 

1. Make sure the tracking is turned on

• Click on the clock on the left side of the universal menu
  • Select Settings
  • Select System from the Settings panel
  • Select Headset Tracking from the left side panel
  • Make sure Headset Tracking is ticked

2. Clear your boundary history

• Press the Oculus/Meta logo on your right controller
  • Click on the clock on the left side of the universal menu
  • Select Settings
  • In the settings panel, select Boundary
  • Select 'Clear Boundary history'
  • Redraw your Guardian boundaries by selecting 'Adjust Boundary' from the Boundary settings menu

3. Reboot the headset

• Turn the headset off, wait a minute or two, then turn it back on.
    • A restart is a little different so turning the headset off is recommended over just restarting

4. Remove any unsupported third-party accessories that may affect tracking or pairing (such as controller covers, controller attachments, etc.)   

In case it persists, please let us know! 

See you in VR! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

sorry but issues continue and i follow every steps

the new update ruin everything

Thank you for letting us know the steps didn't work! In this case don't hesitate to reach out to us. To send a private message please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?