cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 Headphone port damaged

octozquid11
Honored Guest

My left earphone recently stopped working unless I point my headphone cable in a specific direction. I have tried using multiple headphones but they all cut out the same way. I have tried both 2 and 3 ring audio jacks but I’m pretty confident that the internals of the port are simply bent. I’m pretty sure I can fix it, but I would also like to know if oculus support can help me here or if tampering with that sort of thing could make whatever support I could get be rendered null.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AsgardsFinest
Retired Support

Hi there!

The hobbyist in me is screaming to dismantle that headset and replace the port! But, like @user_901925786032222 was saying, that does put you in a tight spot, because you'd totally void your warranty if you crack it open.

If you're running into a potential physical issue with your headset, support is going to be your best option, mate.

That being said, and out of curiosity, have you tried anything aside from using different headphones to fix this? I only ask because a basic reboot or hard reboot can sometimes be enough to kickstart most dodgy mic's or headphone's. If not, I'd say give those reboots a shot first to see if that gets everything sorted.

Your basic reboot is done by holding the power button for a few seconds, then releasing it. A menu will pop up and you can select the restart option.

A hard reboot is done by holding that power button for 40 - 50 seconds until your headset power cycles. Once your back at the home screen, that hard reboot is done.

If you've gone through those restarts, and your headphone is still on the fritz. It wouldn't hurt to factory reset your device, either. Make sure your Cloud Backup is turned on, so you don't lose your saves and follow the instructions listed here to make that factory reset happen.

And finally! If you exhaust those reboots and factory reset with no improvement, give this link a follow to get in touch with support through an email or chat!

Good luck, mate! I wish you the simplest of solutions with minimal of effort!

*Edited for better clarity on that basic reset. 

Ad Astra Per Aspera, Trooper.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

I doubt the warranty will cover this type of damage, particularly if you explain what happened in that kind of detail. They might be more accommodating if you just reported that the headphone socket stopped working in one ear, especially if there is no visible damage. Otherwise, a competent electronic engineer might be able to fix ir (or, as a last resort add an extra headphone socket), but it'll take quite a lot of dismantling.

Thanks for your suggestions, I’ll try to maybe find an electrical engineer in my area who could help me out. 

CalebCalvin
Honored Guest

Did this work out or is it still broken?

AsgardsFinest
Retired Support

Hi there!

The hobbyist in me is screaming to dismantle that headset and replace the port! But, like @user_901925786032222 was saying, that does put you in a tight spot, because you'd totally void your warranty if you crack it open.

If you're running into a potential physical issue with your headset, support is going to be your best option, mate.

That being said, and out of curiosity, have you tried anything aside from using different headphones to fix this? I only ask because a basic reboot or hard reboot can sometimes be enough to kickstart most dodgy mic's or headphone's. If not, I'd say give those reboots a shot first to see if that gets everything sorted.

Your basic reboot is done by holding the power button for a few seconds, then releasing it. A menu will pop up and you can select the restart option.

A hard reboot is done by holding that power button for 40 - 50 seconds until your headset power cycles. Once your back at the home screen, that hard reboot is done.

If you've gone through those restarts, and your headphone is still on the fritz. It wouldn't hurt to factory reset your device, either. Make sure your Cloud Backup is turned on, so you don't lose your saves and follow the instructions listed here to make that factory reset happen.

And finally! If you exhaust those reboots and factory reset with no improvement, give this link a follow to get in touch with support through an email or chat!

Good luck, mate! I wish you the simplest of solutions with minimal of effort!

*Edited for better clarity on that basic reset. 

Ad Astra Per Aspera, Trooper.