cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 Left Controller X and Y not working

X_Aspect
Honored Guest

have left my left controller unused for a while, My father bought a quest 2 without the controllers for my brother which he planned to get controllers for him later. I unpaired both my controllers to connect to my brothers quest 2 and set it up for him, I paired the right controller successfully but when I tried to connect the left controller the buttons wont make the ring light up and it wont pair to both my quest and my brothers. It also once lit up a bunch of times and i think it meant sos in morse code but i didnt really confirm it. any help please?

2 REPLIES 2

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @X_Aspect! We're pumped up to hear about your brother getting a Quest 2 and finally being able to join in all the fun with you! Although, to be able to get started, you're going to need those controllers up and running, so let's get to the bottom of this! It already sounds like you've already covered all the troubleshooting steps to explore, so we'd like to suggest doing a factory reset on either your headset or your brother's headset, then try pairing the controllers again and see if that'll resolve the issue. Let us know how it works; if the issue still persists, we'll be happy to explore more options for you! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, still around? If you're still encountering issues after following the factory reset, please let us know. We look forward to hearing back!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?