cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 Link on 12th Generation Intel / Alder Lake + RTX 3000 series + Windows 11

tgruene
Explorer

Hi, did anyone get the Quest 2 Link to work on Alder Lake chips with Windows 11? 

Thank you!

9 REPLIES 9

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there. This is a very good question. 

At this time the MetaQuest software doesn't support Windows 11. Since the Alder Lake processor is very new it is not yet supported with our software. 

We would like to share this article with you here. If you happen to have any further questions, we will always be here to help and get you the solution you need. 

Wishing you the best!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Can I ask a serious question? What is the deal with Windows 11 support taking FOREVER? I have never seen an official Meta answer and the fix of toggling the console window visibility to fix the constant encoder errors has been known for at least 4+ months. Even if that isn't the perfect fix, it's got to be better than....nothing right? So really, what is the deal with this? Please feel free to go into a John Carmack like state while replying with technical info. 😋 

Thank you! 

Will Alder Lake and Windows 11 be supported by MetaQuest software at some point in the future?

If the answer is yes, could you give your best estimate when that would be the case, of course with the understanding that this would not be a promise, but your best guess with the information currently available. 

I will appreciate your answer very much as I am buying a laptop for university research on Quest 2 content. Thank you!

So just how **bleep** lazy and sorry is the goddamn team at Oculus? It is ridiculous you clowns do not even support the latest OS that has been out for 8 months and a cpu family that has been out for 7 months. 

WIN 11 | 13700KF | MSI MPG Z790 CARBON WIFI | G.SKILL 64GB 6400MHZ CL32 | GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | SEASONIC FOCUS GX-1000

They are more focused on diversity and inclusion than actually keeping up with proper support. I do everything I can to discourage people from wasting money on this dbag company that does not give a crap about its customers. 

WIN 11 | 13700KF | MSI MPG Z790 CARBON WIFI | G.SKILL 64GB 6400MHZ CL32 | GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | SEASONIC FOCUS GX-1000

NewriderCalif
Honored Guest

It should work. I have Window 11 with a 30 series video card and i had no issue. Just be updated with chipset drivers and video card drivers. Use ddu to remove video card drive and manually install drivers for graphic card.

There was indeed a Win 11 issue and it has been known for months and was discussed to death in a very long thread that was eventually locked. It was known to be a timing issue on Win 11 and even John Carmack finally admitted it and had said it will be fixed in a future update. 

EDIT: FFS did you reply to EVERY post on the forums today? 

trek554
Adventurer

So does the 12th and 13th gen work okay now? It is about time to build a new pc and the only thing I have to worry about now is how crappy Oculus is at supporting anything halfway new. 

omg that is such a joke eh especially since everyone has to upgrade to windows 11 these days on there windows computers, yeah they don't give a crap about there customers I totally agree, is that cause Zuckerberg fired them all, microsoft are not much better either especially ripping people off they keep take money out of my account subscriptions to game pass that is not even due