cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 - Not Casting Allowed Users - Experience and HUGE safety issue.

ATXRhino
Protege

I’m not sure if intentionally coded but I cannot cast “allowed users”. My Quest 2 stated it can only cast the primary account. I’m posting this as the experience was my personal experience. I’m adding safety as well. My kids are grown but you can bet they wouldn’t have account as I couldn’t monitor what they are doing (and what others could try to do). 

Experience 

We have one headset. I am the admin and my wife is an allowed user. She can watch me play but I can’t watch her play. I was writing to hopefully share this Is creating a terrible user experience for us. This creates a significant lack of use an adoption. 

For group users, the room wants to see the experience as well. This has resulted in lack of play for both of us. We want to see what’s happening. This no difference than any gaming system on the market. Also, as I test Oculus, I can assure you that this will stall B2B sales as well. 

SAFETY issue for parents!
My kids are grown. But as I was typing out my experience, I couldn’t help but put my “Parent Hat” on. I can assure you there is no way I would allow my children to use the Oculus and not be able to monitor what they are seeing or hearing. PERIOD. I’m adding this so other parents know this is a safety concern. This isn’t a concern for me but comment if you are a parent and share your concerns and/or experience so it will receive the attention it deserves. 

So it’s said, Yes the systems were rebooted and it’s not a tech issue, this is c-suite management decision to correct. 

0 REPLIES 0