cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 + Oculus Link not working with laptop

Tusk_Act_5
Level 2

I've been attempting to use Oculus Link with my quest 2 for a long time now and I've decided I cannot figure out how to fix it so I'm trying the forum. The issue I'm having is whenever I use oculus link either as soon as I start oculus link or 10 or so minutes of it being used, it would crash and completely freeze with a weird kind of picture being displayed on the left, right and behind me there would be an upside down image of what I was supposed to be see. This issue started happening as soon as I first used oculus link and couldn't ever fix the issue. I could use air link but that would result in a lot of lag and input delay as my internet is not optimized for it. I will list some images of the display after the crash and my pc specs. (I have the tried the method to fix the 11th gen intel processor issue)

The settings for the oculus link that have been set are also:

120hz
3616x1840 (default)

System Name: Alienware M15 R6 Gaming Laptop

CPU: 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30Ghz (8 cores)

RAM: 16GB Dual Channel DDR4 SODIMM 3200MHz

SSD: PC711 NVMe SK hynix 1TB

WiFi: Killer(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX1650i 160MHz Wireless Network Adaptor

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU

https://streamable.com/slgpw5

https://streamable.com/8p43gd

5 REPLIES 5

Bendit74
Level 7

"I could use air link but that would result in a lot of lag and input delay as my internet is not optimized for it."

AirLink has nothing to do with internet speed. It uses wifi to stream to your Quest 2 unit from your PC (which is rendering the game). All this is happening inside your own network/house. It does not go "on the internet" to do this.

Intel i7-7700K, 32GB RAM - nVidia GTX 1070 Amp Edition 8GB GDDR5. Link Cable via powered extension.

Hey @Tusk_Act_5! We appreciate you taking the time to bring this to our attention. We want to step in and get some further details on the specs of your laptop. Please, submit a support ticket here! Also, check this link out here, https://bit.ly/38sFRPU. This link will lay out all the information you need to know about the Oculus link and what specs we require. We want your VR experience to be a grand one, so we hope to hear back from you soon! 

Whenever I would use AirLink, it just wouldn't been the same as if I played on a similar experience like oculus link which is why I'm trying to get that working instead. I've used an oculus quest 2 with oculus link before and I couldn't find another solution than it as it works really well for me.

Hi

Du solltest mal die WLAN Adapter Einstellung überprüfen und im Router nachschauen auf wieviel die kanalbandbreite eingestellt ist.

Bei Geräte müssen auf 5 GHz WLAN laufen. Bzw PC über Kabel auf 5ghz.

Wenn du eine Kanalbandbreite auf 20 stehen hast, nutzt die dir 160mhz nicht. Stell im Router dem Gerät einen Kanal ein und teste dich ab 40 durch. Umso weniger dort eingestellt ist, umso so weniger Leistung kommt durch. 

Für Verbindung über WLAN auch in den WLAN Adapter Einstellungen nachsehen. Lg