cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 Rift Link Not Working

Minaxium
Honored Guest

I have tried so much to get this headset to work with the Rift Link, and cannot for the life of me figure it out, so here are the details:

I am attempting to run Rift link between my Meta Quest 2 headset and my MacBook Pro Laptop. Please note, I am using a Windows bootcamp, which I have used before in the past, and have been able to connect with just fine. I had uninstalled the bootcamp a few months ago for work, then reinstalled it recently, which is where the problem started. Every time I start up the link, I am met with the three loading dots on a black screen. I can often hear the computer audio, but see nothing else. When I start Rift Link, it gives me a hardware message: "Meta Quest Link isn't working correctly. Click here to check our support article." Though when I look into the Oculus app, it says it's connected just fine. 

Here is what I've tried to do to fix it so far:

• I have ordered a new quest compatible cable
  • I have repaired the Oculus PC software several times
  • I have factory reset the headset several times
  • I have opted in and out of the Public Testing Channel
  • I have tried Airlink, which gives me the same results
  • I have updated the computer, the bootcamp, and the drivers
  • I have even tried disabling the AMD Radeon Pro at some point
  • I have tried reinstalling the bootcamp as a whole
  • I have made sure the headset itself is updating and have tried starting both the headset and Oculus Program several times

I literally just want to be able to play my VR games, but I cannot find a solution anywhere. I have tried YouTube, Reddit, Meta Forums. I am prepared to sell this headset if I don't find a fix for this.

0 REPLIES 0
Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?