cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 “SocialPlatform keeps stopping” and “Oculus System Utilities keeps stopping” boot loop

Ginger2004
Explorer

I started having this issue when I restarted my headset in an attempt to fix a game that wouldn’t start that I previously had no issue opening, and when I was given the power off menu, there was a checkbox for automatically updating the headset, which I unchecked as I didn’t want to update my headset. When my device booted back up and I unlocked it, I was given the error “SocialPlatform keeps stopping.” I clicked app info as I assumed it was a critical process for the headset to function. I clicked the same thing when I got the message “Oculus System Utilities keeps stopping.” After that, the headset restarted on its own. No matter what option I click on the errors, it always restarts. Some fixes I have tried is booting it up from the factory reset menu or whatever it’s called, running it dead and recharging it, and side loading new firmware. I really don’t want to have to factory reset my system as I have important stuff on the device that I don’t want to lose. Is there any other options I could try besides factory resetting the system?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ginger2004
Explorer

I guess I’m going to have to factory reset my headset. This is a horrible look for Meta.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

kingzeeka333
Explorer

Mine is also doing this. I’ve already tried holding down the volume down & power button & selected boot device. It keeps restarting over & over again no Matt what I do.  Please anyone help 

An obvious solution is a factory reset, but you probably don’t want to do that if you have important stuff on your device.

Ginger2004
Explorer

I guess I’m going to have to factory reset my headset. This is a horrible look for Meta.

Cookies-N-Scream
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey, friend! I wanted to drop in and see if you're still having any troubles. I completely understand any apprehension you might have about factory resetting the headset, since losing data is never fun. I figured I'd check in and see if the factory reset was able to help at all! I also wanted to share a handy-dandy cloud backup article, which will help keep your data safe and secure.

Through the darkness of futures past, the magician longs to see. One chants out between two worlds: Fire... walk with me

add_a_skull
Honored Guest

Hi. I have encountered the same problem as you, and the only solution I could find was factory resetting my headset unfortunately. 

"handy dandy!" ☝️🤓

Is a permanent fix for this in the works, such as reserving a minimum amount of space for the boot process.  It is frustrating to have to Factory Reset whenever the drive is full.  It's not something any other type of hardward (phones, computers, etc) seems to have, just the Quest.

Hey @BFPRufus! To answer your question, I'm not 100% sure on any upcoming software changes. I'd be happy to bring this up to the team to see what they think, but you can also submit a bug report to get some eyes on this issue!

Through the darkness of futures past, the magician longs to see. One chants out between two worlds: Fire... walk with me

Zilly4
Honored Guest

I was able to recover from this by deleting files and freeing up space - it is indeed an out of memory issue

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?