cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 - Software Update Required

G_CDoc
Honored Guest

I have had this issue trying to pair both of my Quest 2's for the last 4 days. When you click 'try again' it just loops back to this screen.

I have tried reinstalling the app (including updating the app), using an IOS phone and using an Android phone, I have even factory reset one of the devices. Still get the below message when I try to pair this device to any phone.

img_8913.png

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Cheers

119 REPLIES 119

I will give Meta Oculus Facebook back my Quest 2 paperweight and they can send me a brand new Oculus Quest Pro. Even if it gets fixed eventually by that time it will be obsolete. Your welcome Meta for my investment into your new device.

This is not acceptable anymore. Your launching a new device. Your taking my money and running. Your leaving my trampled and broken and lying in the dust while you ride out on your shiny new pro. It is clear to me now that this forum is a pacifier and I refuse to be pacified any longer. Fix my device or give me back my money. Charlatan.

Do you see the date on your post?

This is not acceptable anymore. Your launching a new device. Your taking my money and running. Your leaving me trampled and broken and lying in the dust while you ride out on your shiny new pro. It is clear to me now that this forum is a pacifier and I refuse to be pacified any longer. Fix my device or give me back my money. Charlatan.

Oculus support is now giving this out as a solution. Hopefully Kris-K gets compensated financially for coming up with this fix,

We are being pacified

Bonjour Laura et merci de nous faire part de votre situation. Suite à cela, certains utilisateurs ont réussi à dépasser après avoir configuré Link à l'aide de l'application Oculus PC. C'est pour cela que nous vous demandons s'il vous plaît d'essayer la manipulation suivante:

• Désinstallez l'application Meta Quest pour téléphone
  • Installez l'application Oculus PC ;
  • Branchez votre Meta Quest 2 et connectez-le à l'application Oculus PC, puis cliquez sur "Refuser" lorsqu'il vous est demandé d'"Autoriser l'accès aux données" ;
  • Allez dans "Appareils" dans le menu latéral, et confirmez que votre casque est détecté/actif, sinon cliquez sur "Ajouter casque" et passez en revue la configuration initiale.
  • Réinstallez l'application téléphonique Meta Quest et reconnectez-vous pendant que votre casque est branché et actif sur l'application Oculus PC ;
  • Toujours dans l'application Meta Quest, allez dans > Menu > Appareils et confirmez que le casque est apparié ou s'apparie avec succès.

Vous devriez avoir de ce fait quelque chose qui ressemble à cela par la suite: 

Si malgré cette manipulation la situation persiste, nous vous invitons donc à contacter notre assistance technique. L'équipe sera ravie de vous aider afin de solutionner la situation au plus vite. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

kencessna
Protege

Here`s what I did and it worked on a lot of other headsets too!

On your Quest:

- hold power button and volume down until logo appears

- factory reset

- hold power button and volume down until logo appears

- choose sideload update

- connect to pc

On your computer:

- install ADB Bridge

- download https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-XwU2uFh1O2MytV2w_kjhrBvoavq6kRy/view?usp=sharing

- don`t unzip it, just save it somewhere

- open console and type

- cd C:\PATH_TO_YOUR_ANDROID_FOLDER\Android\Sdk\platform-tools

- adb.exe

- adb sideload C:\PATH_TO_YOUR_ZIP

Then normally restart Quest, go through setup process and connect with your mobile oculus app!

That did it for me!

kencessna_0-1665733407341.png

Is that me? Chris-K 😛

This reply above was already posted by me weeks back, but its origin stems back further, it also has a more detailed step by step set of instructions to help users.

Fix . I keep posting this, but due to the volume of messages it gets buried!

Have you tried this on the Quest 2? 
Problems pairing RMA Quest 2 to Mobile App - Solve... - Oculus Community - 989979 (oculusvr.com) 

As long as you have a PC and Cable you can probably upgrade it to V43.... 

I can assist via a zoom or online chat, all you need is to follow the numbered steps in the post on the above link, make sure you download the files in Step 1 and Step 5, and have a USB-A to USB-C cable or one that interfaces with the PC/MAC

I cant do iphone or android phones as you need as special cable and I dont have that or know how to do it.

Not all of them are solved this way.

Many devices around me stop at 47% during the update.

Changing your computer and cable stops at 47% and reboots.