cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 - Software Update Required

G_CDoc
Honored Guest

I have had this issue trying to pair both of my Quest 2's for the last 4 days. When you click 'try again' it just loops back to this screen.

I have tried reinstalling the app (including updating the app), using an IOS phone and using an Android phone, I have even factory reset one of the devices. Still get the below message when I try to pair this device to any phone.

img_8913.png

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Cheers

119 REPLIES 119

Could you better explain. I'm facing the same issues and cannot figure anything out, thanks. 

aaantoxa
Honored Guest

Добрый день! 

Проблема таже, при попытке сопряжения требует обновление, все попытки безрезультатны!!! Приложение для Андройд и Айфон 188.1 негде нет, у меня 188.0.

bzkii
Honored Guest

Hey Guys. Found the solution on Reddit, OculusSupport is gonna keep giving you guys the run around and their “engineers” likely won’t find a solution till next year. Here’s the link just follow the steps: https://www.reddit.com/r/OculusQuest/comments/x6ixv5/comment/in7c6h6/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=we...

tellen.2022
Honored Guest

Same problem and Great. A birthday present I can’t use. So disappointing, 

TheAntiSocializer
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey hey! Just wanted to update this thread with this solution since it seems we may have forgot to post it in here.

For anyone having this issue, please try the following:

1. Open the Meta Quest app on your iOS or Android device. Wait about a minute while a background update is automatically applied.
  2. Close the Meta Quest app.
  3. Factory reset your headset.
  4. Try to pair your controllers and headset as new.

Note: Please be sure to check your Mobile app and Headset for the latest versions.

If that doesn't work, we suggest hitting up the team with a support ticket

Thank you! 

Sometimes it's okay to be a little Bing Chilling

@tellen.2022 Hey there, I know having issues with your headset is very discouraging. Especially when it's a birthday present. 

I went ahead and gave some steps to try and resolve this, but if you're still having some issues please don't hesitate to make a ticket with the team. 

I'm sure they'd be more than happy to help you out. 🙂

Sometimes it's okay to be a little Bing Chilling

I'll try

Jutzet Daniel Ortiz

Hey @john.774705! We see that you are experiencing some issues with the software update. We definitely understand how worrisome this can be and we'd love to help you get this issue resolved as quickly as possible! We have noticed that the following troubleshooting steps have helped some of our users! Please perform the following:

• Factory reset the headset
  • Open the Meta Quest app on your iOS or Android device. Wait about a minute while a background update is automatically applied.
  • Close the Meta Quest app.
  • Factory reset your headset.
  • Try to pair your controllers and headset as new.  

Note: Please be sure to check your Mobile app and Headset for the latest versions.

If those troubleshooting steps do not help to resolve your issue, please reach out to our Support Team by clicking here

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Obibongkenobi12
Honored Guest

so what was the actual fix cause im dealing wiht this

chinchhetri1
Honored Guest

Wow