cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 - Software Update Required

G_CDoc
Honored Guest

I have had this issue trying to pair both of my Quest 2's for the last 4 days. When you click 'try again' it just loops back to this screen.

I have tried reinstalling the app (including updating the app), using an IOS phone and using an Android phone, I have even factory reset one of the devices. Still get the below message when I try to pair this device to any phone.

img_8913.png

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Cheers

119 REPLIES 119

edpa007
Honored Guest

Same problem here for a month now. No solutions. 

hi, i updated the oculus quest 2 drivers, i still have an error what to do

Hello! We see you're having problems with the drivers and connecting the Quest 2. Well have no fear, Meta is here. We will do our best to get you back up and running as soon as possible.

Could you please PM us so that we can look into this further for you? Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I’m having the same issue. I feel like with the money we’ve invested in the product, not to mention the all of the games we’ve purchased , new sets - complete- should be sent out . 

How are we going to be notified? What if there’s no solution? This is too much money too be be just laying around

buhluce
Explorer

A month and no update. Sounds like a weak engineering team or FB just doesn't prioritize their bugs correctly. Overall, weak execution for a company who is 'going all in' on VR 

didnt work for me. 😕

Hey there. We wanted to check in on you and see is you still needed assistance. Please reach out by submitting a support ticket on our support site with you computer logs

We look forward to hearing from you. We're always here to help!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Of course we still  have this issue. When was there ever a fix mentioned here by your company? lol. 

I've even tried creating a new meta account and pair, which ends up with the same result. This tells me it's a SW issue with the unit itself. Somebody clearly dropped the ball and didn't go through testing correctly

Why would you need logs when the app can't even connect to the device? PC : the screen just gets stuck at "LOOKING FOR HEADSET". App : Software update required.