cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 Stopped working

ZeoMarc
Honored Guest

Hi.

My quest 2 is just 2 months old and is have issues...

It updated itself to this new v49. I have tried it just yesterday and now my device is not working.

I was looking through the new menus structure to see if there was anything new. I enabled 120hz and went to download a new ambient.

I removed the headset and went to answer a phone call. 40 seconds later I put the headset back and pressed the resume button.

The left screen flashed twice and goes off (black, no backlight) and then the right screen powered on (black, but with backlight). The sound is playing.

I connected to my phone and casted the image. I could see everything from my phone. I went and disable 120hz and the issue remains. Then i did a factory reset. Problem still happening. I get no Meta logo when rebooting. Just the 2x flash on left and then only the right screen powers on with no image....

I think it may be related to the latest software. How can i revert the software to a previous version?

4 REPLIES 4

ZeoMarc
Honored Guest

Thank you for bringing your issue to our attention @ZeoMarc ; we will do everything in our power to get you back up and running. We also value all of the information you've provided about what you've already done to solve the problem on your own. Let's go over a few things; because you've already factory reset the headset, there aren't many troubleshooting steps we can take to get around the black screen, but here's what we can try: 

• Check the battery on the headset - let it die and then charge until its 100% 
  • try opening the Quest from your phone ( this might not work as you already factory reset the headset) 
  • Check your proximity sensors and the sensor that is located in the middle of the lenses 
  • Preform a Reboot by:  
    • Press and hold the volume and power button together for at least ten seconds.
    • Using the volume buttons, highlight “Boot device.”
    • Press the power button to reboot your Quest 2.

If nothing changes after these steps please let us know. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hi. tried all this and issue remains.
When accessing the bootloader screen (volume down + power) the display also does not work.

is it possible to redo the OS installation?

Hey @ZeoMarc! Thanks for getting back to us and letting us know how things went. Since you have already tried the steps we provided we recommend reaching out to our fantastic email, chat, and callback support team, as through these channels we have access to more troubleshooting tools as well as the ability to look into any warranty options you may have available to you. Thanks!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?