cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 Support/Repair only offered in country of purpose?

MattTibby
Explorer
I bought my Quest 2 in a Costo in the US near Christmastime last year because I was visiting family, but I normally live in the US. I had some issues with it and contacted support in August/September. They said I needed a new headset, but they would not be able to ship me one to the UK. I found this strange, but I wasn’t too worried because I had a trip planned back to the US and could get it replaced then.
So when I was in the US, I shipped the device to them and after they said it could just take 7-10 days to send me a new one, it actually took 4-5 weeks, but thankfully my trip to the US was extended so I was able to get the replacement headset.
However, when I got the new headset, I didn’t realize this one had an issue right away. It works fine, but the Guardian needs to be reset every time I take the headset off and occasionally it‘lol lose tracking all together. So I contact support and once again they say I have to send the headset through the US, but I don’t have a trip planned anytime soon.
I've gone back and forth with them and finally it seemed they said they’d fix it in a place they support the device, i.e. the UK, where I reside, but then the next message said they could only do so in the US since it was purchased there. So I don’t know. This seems very unusual to me since if you purchase a device from an international company, like Meta, Apple, or Microsoft, they should support it in any country, where they sell the product and say they support it. I’ve gotten Apple products fixed around the world, even though they were bought in the US, so why not the Quest?
Anybody have any advice or suggestions? Or am I being unreasonable? Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @MattTibby. Thanks for reaching out. Due to the headset being purchased in the US it is not possible for us to replace it by shipping a headset to the UK, however what you can do is use a friend or family member's address in the US and send the headset to them for them to send to us. If this is a possibility then this is usually what we recommend. If you have any other questions don't hesitate to let us know!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

If this is true, why did a representative say I could get it serviced in any country that you support? One of which is the UK, where I live. (Of course now, the other representatives are saying that’s not possible.)

And also, why do you not cover your products internationally, while every other international tech company I’ve ever needed service from, such as Apple and Microsoft, does?

Hey, thank you for getting back to us. If you can send us over a private message with your ticket number we would be more than happy to look further into this for you. Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

92A3E686-7941-420C-A313-5B1DABEFA1DB.png

here is the message from support, I will send you my ticket in a private message.5982DCEE-C6A6-47CE-B812-7A5FC662BAB4.png

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?