cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 Unable to Cast to any Device

GoNYJets4ever
Honored Guest

Hello.

My quest 2 was functioning just as usual before the switch from Oculus accounts to Meta accounts, but now whenever I attempt to cast to any device (Devices I tested: Ipad Mini 3, Google Pixel 7, Windows 11), it shows me that the app is not connected to the internet, and it cycles randomly in the subtext below the device names with "Connecting..." "Unable to connect, tap to retry." "Finding your device..." And does not connect, although it seems to attempt to do so.

Help greatly appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello there, @GoNYJets4ever! We hate to see that you are having trouble casting on multiple devices. We know how much this can impact the VR experience for our users, and we'd be happy to look into this with you! 

• Have you tried restarting your headset, device, or router?
    • To restart your headset, hold the power button down for at least 10 seconds, wait for about 30 seconds, then turn your headset on again.
  • Have you checked to make sure your headset and other devices are updated?

If you are still having trouble casting, please reach out to us through our support page. Once there, we will have more tools to look into this further!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

GoNYJets4ever
Honored Guest

Hello, yes, I have attempted to restart all devices and have updated the software. I will be reaching out to the support page shortly. Thank you.

I cannot find proper topics to choose from to describe my issue on the support page, what topic do I use to refer to Casting?

Sorry if I'm quite ignorant.

Hey there, @GoNYJets4ever! Not a problem. We'd be happy to walk you through the process of contacting support!

Once you click the link

1. Click the option that says "Software or content."
  2. Choose the fourth option that says "Casting."
  3. Then select whichever device you are trying to cast to. 
  4. Select the option, "This does not solve my issue."
  5. Lastly, you will be able to choose if you wish to be contacted via email, chat, WhatsApp, or you can schedule a callback request. 

We look forward to hearing from you once you submit your ticket, and we'll be happy to help!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Alrighty, thanks!

It's no problem at all @GoNYJets4ever, we're always happy to help or guide you along the right path to receiving the help you need. Please don't hesitate to reach back out to us if you have any other questions or concerns.