cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 V66 No youtube chat transmission and no facebook transmission it disappeared

Guinamo
Explorer

Hi, a long time ago I registered to test the chat function from YouTube streams and then the option to broadcast to Facebook appeared. Recently I wanted to make a stream from my quest 2 and it turns out that the options related to YouTube chat or Facebook broadcast have disappeared. Why was the function that was given to me taken away from me? I have software version v66

12 REPLIES 12

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Guinamo! We would love to go ahead and take a closer look at why the chat option is no longer appearing. Thank you for making sure you are on the latest software version. We understand that this can really disrupt an amazing VR experience, so we would love to look into this for you. So we would like to start off by trying to uninstall and reinstall the app and see if that does the trick for you. If the issue persists, please continue submitting a bug report

We hope this helps! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

What application should I reinstall?

Thank you for the follow up, @Guinamo. We might have jumped the gun on suggestion troubleshooting. There's a few different ways a user is able to stream their device. Currently going directly through the headset, users can use the Camera app to 'go live' and set up a stream. Do you see the options in this app? Generally for test features, if users get access to them, they can be removed if the developers need to make changes or decide not to go ahead with features. Can you confirm if the Camera app is how you're trying to go live or is there something else? any screenshots you can provide would be helpful as well! We're looking forward to hearing back from you.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I want to start a YouTube broadcast using OBS, but with the chat displayed in goggles. In the camera application there is only an option to stream to the computer, but the option to stream to the browser + YouTube chat has disappeared. I previously had this option after signing up to test this feature. I run a VR YouTube channel and now I can't interact with viewers when I play standalone games. I think you have a reading comprehension problem...

Hi, @Guinamo! We too want you to be able to live steam to YouTube or Facebook. If YouTube or Facebook are connected properly, the option will appear when you "Go Live." Have you tried to connect/configure YouTube using both options below?

Looks like you can using both the headset or desktop to configure. For Facebook, we want to make sure FB is connected in the Account Center, the FB app is installed and then reboot the headset. Keep us posted afterwards to confirm that all is well or still no access to either option. All the best!

Facebook is installed and connected 

Screenshot_20240606_175015_com.android.chrome_edit_1023577439164645.jpg

Excellent news. Were you able to confirm that YouTube is connected via your desktop and stream that way?

1. From your desktop, open a web browser and go to oculus.com/casting.
  2. Launch OBS.
  3. Integrate the web browser video into OBS. This will allow OBS to capture the video feed from your Meta Quest headset.
  4. Log in to OBS using your YouTube credentials.
  5. Click Start Streaming in OBS to go live on YouTube.

We'll stay tuned and confirm that this feature was not revoked on the developer's end in the meantime.

Hey again @Guinamo! We just wanted to circle back around to check in and see if you had any additional questions. Please feel free to get back to us at any time.

Actually, I'm waiting for your answer because you were supposed to find out whether the developer has withdrawn this function.

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?