cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 broken controller cant open support ticket

ripwrap
Honored Guest

My left hand Quest 2 controller has terrible drift and the tip of the joystick has now broken off. It is less than one year old. I am in the UK, I assume the manufacturers warranty covers this. I cannot return it to the company I bought it off new as it has been more than 30 days.

I am trying to open a support ticket but I can't see how to do it. I have a Meta account with my device listed but when I follow the link to support it asks me to login to facebook (tried that, my account doesn't show my device so I cannot proceed so it says there are no products eligible for replacement) or I can choose the only other option which is

If you haven't activated your product and connected your Facebook account, or are unsure, you can continue as a guest. Continue without logging in

BUT when I do that I just get no content in the returned page. How do I open a ticket???

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the update. It does look like there may be a little glitch with some of the options in the flow of getting to creating a support ticket, but we went ahead and found a path that will allow you to actually create a ticket!

Once you select your controller that is having issues, you'll want to select: Thumbstick > Thumbstick unresponsive > This does not solve my issue. From there, you should be able to see the options to open a support ticket with our team without having to login.

Please let us know if that helps, or if you're still getting stuck! (And thanks for letting us know about this bug!)

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @ripwrap, we hate to hear you've been having trouble opening up a ticket with our support team. We have a couple of suggestions that may help out with this little hiccup on the website you're having!

• Clear your browser cache/cookies
  • Restart your web browser
  • Try using a different browser entirely
  • Try using a different device (another computer, phone, etc.)

Please let us know if any of those steps helped!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

That doesn't seem to help, different browsers on PC and on phone all lead to a blank page when you want to contact you without logging in.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the update. It does look like there may be a little glitch with some of the options in the flow of getting to creating a support ticket, but we went ahead and found a path that will allow you to actually create a ticket!

Once you select your controller that is having issues, you'll want to select: Thumbstick > Thumbstick unresponsive > This does not solve my issue. From there, you should be able to see the options to open a support ticket with our team without having to login.

Please let us know if that helps, or if you're still getting stuck! (And thanks for letting us know about this bug!)

ripwrap
Honored Guest

Thank you, that worked and I was able to submit a support request.

Oh good! Happy we could help get you where you needed to go! If you ever need any other help, you know where to find us!