cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 broken speakers sound after Assassin’s Creed Nexus crash?

RuiPedroLeal
Honored Guest

Two days ago I was playing AC Nexus on my Quest 2. Noticed I had a software update for the quest. Did the update. Continue the gamming session for around 30m. In the middle the fan of my quest started running and suddenly the quest crashed (black screen, reboot). After that I can only hear sound via headphones (the jack). Every time I unplug the headphones, the speakers don’t work and the quest fan runs very high. Did several reboots and a factory reset today. No success. 

So, in summary, my speakers are broken and I’ve seem to have done nothing wrong (no bangs or crashes with the headset previously)

Any suggestion? Many thanks

6 REPLIES 6

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @RuiPedroLeal! We know how important making sure the audio on your headset is functioning properly is for the success of your whole VR experience, so we'd love to assist further! To start with, let's make sure we have a good idea of the particulars of this issue. Please share the following details when you get a chance:

• Did the display on your headset pop back on after that crash?
  • Is your headset and Meta Quest mobile app now fully up to date?
  • Is the fan running through the entire time when you're in VR or is it running periodically?
  • Is the noise of the fan louder than usual at all?
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, hello, @RuiPedroLeal! We're checking back in on that issue you were reporting with your headset audio. Do you still need assistance? If so, please let us know and be sure to include those requested details from our last post for referece! We're eager to explore the options for getting your experience in the virtual world back on track! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hello, regarding these questions:

• Did the display on your headset pop back on after that crash?

it just went full black screen then rebooted. Nothing more.

• Is your headset and Meta Quest mobile app now fully up to date?

it is … no more updates.

• Is the fan running through the entire time when you're in VR or is it running periodically?

if I disconnect any headphones from the jack, meaning the audio from the external speakers, the fan gets running and the headset gets hot, eventually with the “running hot” message.

• Is the noise of the fan louder than usual at all?

It appears normal, although if I try audio via the external speakers it gets progressively louder 

The situation is still present. If I try to use the external speakers the fan gets running and the headset gets hot, eventually appearing the message “too hot, please shutdown”. If any headphones are connect through the jack, everything is ok. 

Hey there! We appreciate you providing those details! Here at Meta Quest, we take health and safety seriously. It's very important to us that this issue is properly addressed in the best manner possible, For us to assist further, could you please send a PM when you get a chance? Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click right here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. We look forward to hearing from you! 

Hi, there, @RuiPedroLeal. We wanted to follow up with you and see if you had been able to perform the steps we provided to send us a private message. Please reach back out to us and let us know if you have any further questions!

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?