cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 color ( red, blue ) bleeding

Gool54
Honored Guest

Since latest update i have noticed colour bleeding, hue, mainly red and blue colours for example when i play pcvr rogue squadron after 30mn it start to look like old stereoscopic glasses red, blue hue then after i stop playing and it cools down everything is back to normal, has anyone experienced ? or is it due to the latest update ? 

5 REPLIES 5

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Gool!

We understand how upsetting a color issue can be and definitely want to help you with this problem. If you could answer the following questions, it'll help better determine what issue is occurring and what steps we can take to assist further.

Please answer the following: 

- When did this start happening? 

- Have you dropped your device? 

- Have you exposed your devices to sunlight? 

- have you dropped any liquids on your device. 

We're here waiting on an update from you! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I notice it after latest update

i have never dropped the device

use it always indoor

never, always using a protective case and silicone face case

Thanks for that information, Gool!

Right now, we advise you to power-cycle your device as well as perform a factory reset in order to put the system in a "like-new" state. Doing this will erase all information and data off the device and you would need to re-download all apps. You're also able to enable Cloud Backups beforehand in order to save some of that data.

To perform a factory reset using the headset:

1. Turn off your headset.
2. Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
3. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory Reset and press the power button.
4. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

If you notice any issues with color after these methods, please reach out to our Support team directly for assistance: https://metaque.st/Support

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Gool54
Honored Guest

Thanks but it didn't work even after factory reset, each time after playing a game the colours offset start to appear then when i stop playing after 10mn it disappear i feel like the fan is not working well and the heat create lenses distortion ?   

Hey @Gool54! Thanks for the update, unfortunately it may be something that's occurring within the headset itself - we recommend submitting a ticket with our Support Team as they'll be able to look into this further and provide more options for you. 

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?