cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 controller movement

zivviii
Honored Guest

Anytime I play a game, my controllers are perfectly fine until I try moving forward. Whenever I move forward, it makes me back up continuously unless I'm moving painfully slow. It doesn't do this with anything else. For example, if I pull up a menu, the controller doesn't drift down; it only acts up when it comes to movement.

3 REPLIES 3

J40NYR
MVP
MVP

hi @zivviii 

That does sound like drift which unfortunately is common with most sticks on modern day controllers. The reason why it doesn't happen in menus is simply because it requires a more positive movement.

You can adjust the deadzone by using the following method, this should fix it until it gets worse.

For Quest 3, Quest 2 and Quest Pro:

From your headset, select Settings.

1. Select Controller settings.
  2. Under Joystick deadzone and range, select the joystick that you're having an issue with.
  3. Follow the on-screen instructions to recalibrate the joystick deadzones

If your headset is still within warranty I would take it back there for ease. Alternatively the lovely folk at Meta Quest support have always helped me out, head on over to https://www.meta.com/en-gb/help/support/

regards

Jonny

Quest 2, Quest 3, PCVR, Meta Wayfarer

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @zivviii. We know when things don't work properly it ruins the VR experience. We're happy to jump in and add a few things to what @J40NYR mentioned. Doing the dead zone calibration is an excellent starting point for this challenge. If you continue to experience drift there's 2 other things we can try.

These are the general steps we'll recommend everyone try if their controllers are drifting. If you continue to have challenges, I do have some additional questions for you. You mention this only happens when you move. 

• Does this only happen when playing a specific game? 
  • Is it all games that have moment?
  • Are all menus across all apps/Home screens working fine?

This will give us a good lead on what we need to be looking into. We look forward to hearing back on this, hopefully with good news!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey again, @zivviii! We just wanted to follow up with you on this and check if you were able to do the troubleshooting steps we've suggested and if they helped! We're looking forward to hearing back from you on this!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?