cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 controller thumbstick broken

Spoonyspoon7
Explorer

The thumbstick on my left controller has been drifting and has also been unresponsive when I press it down, which means I am unable to sprint, has anyone else had this problem? Is there a viable solution?

4 REPLIES 4

Assuning you can't claim another controller under warranty, it's feasible to strip the faulty controller down and replace the joystick module, using components and tools from AliExpress.

how do I check warranty/undergo the replacement process?

Log a call with support

Hey @Spoonyspoon7!

Looks like you're having some issues with joystick drift, we know how pesky those can be - let's fix that!

• Please remove the batteries for at least 30 seconds before attempting to use them again.
  • Increase the dead zones of the controller until the drift is no longer an issue/noticeable.
    1. Go to Settings
    2. Go to Hands and Controllers Settings
    3. Select Controllers in the left menu
    4. Next to Thumbstick range and dead zone, select the joystick which is having issue
    5. Follow on-screen instructions to recalibrate the joysticks deadzones

If you continue having issues after giving those steps a try, please submit a ticket to our Support Team and we'll look into this further!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!