cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 fail ruins the "WOW!"

ToniDownUnder
Explorer

Just to clear the air,,,I am a 60 + novice in all things tech. Yes I have enjoyed life regardless of that level of ignorance! 🙂 (i can do a smily face!) So have recently experienced the highs (a VR Headset?? um thanks) and quite soon after, WOW!! To now the lows (the ^#@ thing's has stopped working!) What I struggle with the most is the fixes and the fact that this almost clueless woman is so over all the reading required to decipher steps to fix this expensive toy that should have been ok for more than 2 weeks! I have followed steps and retried when prompted, but they lie....despite wasting hours trying to fix my new "gift" i am no better aware of a solution to this than I was to stopping the neighbours dog, crapping on my front lawn! I have been reading the answers to my  DATE (wrong) TIME (wrong) LIMITED CONNECTION (oh crap, why) only to discover I don't really have a problem "cos not enough people have complained?? (but I do! it IS a problem to me!) The fixes talk about modems and hertz, 2.5gh to 5gh and turn this off, that on, spin around and clap! Nah that didn't work either. I am so over this..... when does the company say "we are sorry, we ^%# up!"  If Meta truly want to cash in on the MEGA bucks potential in the Getting Older but not quite seniors market they need to fix these issues as the arise. All that aside, can anybody please baby me through the fix in a manner that I may understand??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

There are other ways to fix the issue and yes, they are more complicated but if you have the skills to carry them out, there are benefits that you don't get from a factory reset like not losing game progress, not having to go through the setup process and not having to re-download all your games.

But yes, Support will do all it can to minimise issues. Just look at how surprised they sound whenever anyone complains about the returns process, for example.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

It sounds like the manual methods of resetting your date and time may not be quite your thing so you will have to perform a factory reset. This will clear everything off the headset but you will be able to download any games you have purchased again afterwards.

There are two methods, both detailed here 

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey ToniDownUnder! We love that the Quest 2 has a diverse community and extends to many different walks of life. Whether you're a tech novice or an experienced user, we want to ensure everyone has a great experience. We understand you've been having issues with your date and time being incorrect on your Quest 2 device. We know that this has put a damper on your experience thus far, so let's fix this and get you back into the world of VR! 

In order to correct the date and time issue on your device you will need to perform a factory reset. You can find instructions for that here

If by chance that does not resolve your issue, please contact us so we can better investigate this issue with you. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I actually discovered and initiated a factory reset which fixed the problem. My rant came from reading others attempts at fixing this issue by means far more complicated. That and the fact that several people have had this issue which was later described as a non issue due to lack of complaints, strange way of seeing things.

Thank you for helping out with this issue, it is much appreciated. I actually found my way to the factory reset which worked so all good now,  🙂

There are other ways to fix the issue and yes, they are more complicated but if you have the skills to carry them out, there are benefits that you don't get from a factory reset like not losing game progress, not having to go through the setup process and not having to re-download all your games.

But yes, Support will do all it can to minimise issues. Just look at how surprised they sound whenever anyone complains about the returns process, for example.