cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 freezes, jumps out so you see guardian lines and then eventually tells me guardian isn’t res

Kasta65
Honored Guest

I bought the quest 2 in January 2023 And have used it every day with no problems.  I do not hook it up to a pc or cable.  Just use it as it comes.   I’ve been playing beat sabers and les mills boxing.   Today it started screen freezing, then after a second or two it starts up again.  Then jumps out of the game and you can see all the lines for the guardian and then eventually tells me guardian isn’t responding.  I tried the reboot, power of, reset guardian.  Any help will be appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey! We see that you are having issues with your device freezing and your guardian not responding. This is definitely not the type of experience we want our customers to have, and so we would like to help you get pointed in the right direction. When it comes to issues like this, the best option would be to do a factory reset on the device. Your games and progress would be saved to your Meta account when doing a factory reset, so you would not have to worry about losing any of your information. You would just need to redownload the apps you had on there. If after doing this you are still having issues, we would like to get you over to our support team so they can take a closer look into this. Just go here, and create a ticket and you will be connected with one of our agents who will be able to assist you further. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey! We see that you are having issues with your device freezing and your guardian not responding. This is definitely not the type of experience we want our customers to have, and so we would like to help you get pointed in the right direction. When it comes to issues like this, the best option would be to do a factory reset on the device. Your games and progress would be saved to your Meta account when doing a factory reset, so you would not have to worry about losing any of your information. You would just need to redownload the apps you had on there. If after doing this you are still having issues, we would like to get you over to our support team so they can take a closer look into this. Just go here, and create a ticket and you will be connected with one of our agents who will be able to assist you further. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Sirbcw
Explorer

I have a Meta Quest Pro and I have experienced this in other games occasionally like Golf+ on startup of the game the Boundary will show the grid and it will not go away.  I had to keep resetting the boundary and restart the Golf+ game a couple of times before it disappeared.  I'm not sure yet, but I believe because of low light and shadows etc... the device is picking up obstacles in the set boundary.  Therefore, it keeps showing the grid.

Hey hey, @Sirbcw. I just want to jump in here and say that we did have some issues with the guardian in v49 that were resolved in v50. If you're already on v50 there's a couple of things you could try:

1. Clear the guardian history through the settings. 
  2. Reboot your headset:
    1. Power it off.
    2. Hold the Power and Volume Down button together until the menu loads. 
    3. Use the Volume Buttons to highlight Boot Device and press the Power Button. 
  3. Try changing the lighting/different rooms if possible. (Not too dark nor too bright)

Let me know if this helps any! 

Sometimes it's okay to be a little Bing Chilling