cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 jitter/stutter and other display issues

ErebosofShadows
Honored Guest

So i recently got my quest 2 for Christmas. I play games like Beatsaber, alyx, clash of chefs, vtol vr etc using steamvr and the virtual desktop application. I keep noticing my games are constantly jittery and stuttering, oftentimes displaying a black screen, jumping around in the field of view and have this almost windowed application look surrounded by black space. The motion tracking on my movements, both FOV and hand motion is lagged/jittery and its making everything essentially unplayable. Ive looked at every video i can think of online and tried half a million potential fixes and still cant seem to get the issue resolved.

13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having similar issues. Any response from Oculus?

Hi there! We understand you're having issues with games stuttering and having a black screen. We know how frustrating this must be for you and your gaming experience. We want to do everything we can to help. First, we'd love to know which troubleshooting steps you've tried so far, and if you're using a Link cable or Air Link.

In the meantime, please make sure your graphics card and drivers are up to date. To see the steps to do this, please visit our public support site. We hope this article helps resolve your issue, but we're always here for you if you need further assistance.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I've made sure my drivers and such on my rtx 2070 super are up to date as well as whether or not I was using the air link or link cable, tied directly into the router or wireless and yet to have find a solution. 

CommanderChung
Honored Guest

same issue with the home screen when i turn the quest 2. any advice to fix this other than a factory rest?

Hi there, we see that you're having some gaming, and display issues. Allow us to assist you with this, we know how this could be hindering your gaming experience. If you have not tried so already, please reboot your headset. If that has no effect on the issue, then please perform a factory reset. Please click here for instructions on how to factory reset the Oculus Quest.

• Make sure that your Oculus Quest is fully charged when you perform the factory reset.
  • The factory reset will remove all data. Your apps from the Oculus Store can be downloaded again afterwards. However, if you have transferred any personal files from your computer to your headset, they will be permanently removed.
  • If you would like to backup any personal files from your Oculus Quest before the factory reset, please click here for instructions on how to transfer files to and from your Oculus Quest and your computer.

Once the factory reset is complete, please test your headset again and let us know if that changed the issue at all. If no changes have occurred, please submit a ticket on our support site here. ( https://metaque.st/Support ). We'll be able to gather more information from you, and take a deeper look into this matter for you. We'll get you back gaming, we're here to help.  

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hi,

I am having the same issues. The headset display has started jittering. Like the inertial measurement unit is having problems. The screen goes black once in a while, probably when it thinks I am out of the safety area. Please don't ask me to do a factory reset unless you can explain how this is relevant to the issue.

Hey there, @odatt! We don't like to see our users having this kind of issue with their headsets. We know how an issue like this can hinder play time and effect the overall experience to be had. Not to worry. We have a few things to ask to better understand the issue and determine the best troubleshooting to provide.

• Has this happened before?
  • What other display issues are you having?
  • Does this happen when using a certain app or game?
  • Are you using a Link cable or the Air Link feature?
  • Have you attempted a reboot of the headset?

Please let us know if any of this is affecting your headset. We eagerly await the opportunity to assist you further!

odatt
Honored Guest

Hi,

Thank you.

This has not happened before.

No other issues.

Not connected to a particular app / game - happens outside the apps and games as well.

No link cable / air link.

Reboot did not help.

Ori

Hey there, @odatt! Thanks so very much for that update. Based on the information provided, we suggest performing a Factory Reset on the headset. This will wipe any errors in the headset that we cannot locate internally and likely fix the issue. We do have a Cloud Backup system available that can store your information prior to doing the reset. You can read up on the information on this feature here. Please let us know if this is what you would like to do. We'll be more than happy to continue with you!

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?