cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 keeps resetting guardian

genesis_aero
Honored Guest

So I’ve been playing some quest 2 games and for some reason every couple minutes it makes me reset my guardian. i have good lighting in the room but it’s still happening.

31 REPLIES 31

ChugEEE
Explorer

Same thing happens to me but I can’t actually set it up because when I do my guardian randomly changes and I can’t even do anything about it and sometimes it just changes 

TheAntiSocializer
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey guys! Just wanted to jump in and drop this here. There has been some issues reported with the guardian in v49 that seemed to be fixed with v50. I'd recommend checking what version you're on just in case you haven't gotten the update yet.

If you're still on v49 you can try the following:

1. Check for software updates:
    1. Head into the quick settings
    2. Open System
    3. Click Software update to see if there's one available
  2. Leave the headset charging overnight close to the router

If you're on version 50 and have not done so already, could you try out the following:

1. Reboot your headset:
    1. Power it off.
    2. Hold the Power and Volume Down (-) button together until the menu loads.
    3. Use the Volume Button to highlight Boot Device and press the Power Button
  2. Clean the cameras with a clean microfiber cloth. 
  3. Clear your Guardian:
    1. Press the Oculus button on your right Touch or Touch Pro controller to pull up your universal menu.
    2. Hover over the clock on the left side of the universal menu. When Quick Settings appears, select it to open the Quick Settings panel.
    3. Select Settings in the top right corner.
    4. Select Guardian from the left menu to find the option.
  4. Factory reset your headset:
    1. Power it off.
    2. Hold the Power and Volume Down (-) button together until the menu loads.
    3. Use the Volume Button to highlight Factory reset and press the Power Button.
    4. Use the Volume Button to highlight Yes and press the Power Button.

If that doesn't seem to help out on v50, please let me know and I'll be sure to pass the information to our engineers.

Sometimes it's okay to be a little Bing Chilling