cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 + link. Desktop button missing from Dash in Home.

HippoRift
Protege

This has just started happening.  I've just had an update on the PC Oculus app.  Anyone else seeing this issue?  Any ideas?

Oculus app version 46.0.0.215.0 (46.0.0.215.0)

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

tanubon
Heroic Explorer

Isn't that because the official release version is v44? Repair installation installs the official release version. Currently, official release version is v44. Pubric test version is v46 (has this problem). If we want to use v44, we don't need repair installation now. Just turn off PTC.

View solution in original post

nexusmtz
Explorer

You may want to opt out of PTC for now if this is affecting your only PCVR machine. (Switch PTC off in the Beta tab, 'update', and you'll be back to normal.)

Try to remember that if you have PTC turned on, you asked for these updates, knowing that there might be issues. It's not all about early access to new features.

View solution in original post

36 REPLIES 36

tanubon
Heroic Explorer

Yeah, desktop & plus button are missing at v46.

OculusScreenshot1664570607.jpeg

Uzidude265
Explorer

Yh I have the exact same issue, it might be because of the recent update but not too sure.

HippoRift
Protege

I've just noticed on my monitor that I have a mirror window with a title of "XRS Debug Window".  I'd swear I've never seen this before, but then it's not as if I ever pay much attention to what's going on on my monitor. 

HippoRift_0-1664573696579.png

Is this normal, or maybe I've inadvertently done something I shouldn't?

doctorsrb
Honored Guest

Yes!  Same!  Help!!!!

Yzelig
Honored Guest

J'ai le même problème suite à la mise à jour !!!

c'est un bug !

SilentShadowz
Explorer

Same issue here. I spoke to support. They are looking into it.

Broszu
Honored Guest

Dealing with it too. I just wanted to play some Beat Saber...

RTX 4070 | i5 12600K | 32GB 3200 | Z690

Nex3d
Explorer

Same Here and I fixed mine or it's a weird timing coincidence..  I went to settings (in windows)  - Apps - Scroll down to Oculus - Click it - Click Modify - Click Repair _ 😒 Wait for 5 GB to Download, It will auto reinstall - Then restart headset - My Desktop Button is back and I just clicked it.. Seems to be working fine..  Hope this helps you guys. Have a great weekend ❤️

Was just about to say this, can confirm this fixed it for me.